Looking for an innovative, creative, passionate, and fun company in OC? Then, let us introduce ourselves.Our juggernaut mobile games like Solitaire, FreeCell and Spider were present on Day 1 of the App Stores and have only continued to grow. We recently topped over 350 million downloads across our portfolio of games and are hungry to continue finding new avenues for growth.
We have been voted 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 Best Places to Work in Orange County by the Orange County Business Journal and OC Register! Most recently, Built In LA named us 2021's Best Midsize Companies to Work For. Headquartered in Irvine, CA., our flagship game, Solitaire, was released on the day the App Store opened in 2008. Other titles include Blackjack, FreeCell, Jigsaw Puzzle and Spider Solitaire, to name a few. Our mission is to bring JOY to others one game at a time.
The AdServer team at MobilityWare is building a suite of client and server technologies to deliver advertising to our huge audience of engaged players worldwide. The Principal Software engineer will be working on a set of micro-services which would have high transaction per second and will be responsible to build and own large components of the system.. You will architect, write technical specs, code, troubleshoot, and support scalable services in a high volume and low latency environment.. We are looking for a self-motivated engineer who enjoys working in dynamic, agile development environments. The solutions you create would drive step increases in monetization across the suite of Mobiliyware apps and ensure relevant ads are served to Mobilityware's customers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Conduct feasibility analysis, produce functional and design specifications of proposed new features.
- Drive the architecture/design decisions needed to achieve cost-effective and high-performance results
- Convert the business stories into technical solutions
- Cultivate sustained innovation to deliver exceptional products to customers
- Ensure timely and top-quality product delivery.
- Ensure that the end product is fully and correctly defined and documented
- Provide helpful and productive code reviews for peers and junior members of the team.
- Troubleshoot complex operational issues discovered in various Ad partner integrations.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8+ years of professional software development experience.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery techniques and tooling
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Experience in troubleshooting production applications
- Deep knowledge of object-oriented programming and experience in Java, C#, Vertx, Netty, Jetty etc.
- Prior experience building Adtech systems
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
Why you should work for us:
- Awesome Perks: free lunch, free snacks, free soda, free coffee, free trip, free dental, free vision
- Casually awesome workplace - yes, flip flops and shorts are pretty much an everyday thing
- Growth, growth, growth - we are growing and we would love for you to join us on the ride
- We also want to take care of our team so we've got profit sharing incentives, medical, dental (100% paid), vision (100% paid), Unlimited PTO/Vacation, life insurance (100% paid), and 401K
- Awesome office smack dab in the middle of OC and 2 minutes off the 5 freeway
- Amazing talent: We've got some heavy hitters from the industry who embody both brilliance AND humility