Looking for an innovative, creative, passionate, and fun company in OC? Then, let us introduce ourselves. We are MobilityWare and we make fun for a living! Our mobile games have been rocking the app store since its inception and we regularly show up in top lists for most popular games. We recently reached over 350 million downloads across our portfolio of games!
We've been voted 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 Best Places to Work in Orange County by the Orange County Business Journal and OC Register! Headquartered in Irvine, CA., our flagship game, Solitaire, was released on the day the App Store opened in 2008. Other titles include Blackjack, FreeCell, Destination Solitaire and Spider Solitaire, to name a few. Our vision is to create the most exciting mobile games and have fun doing it.
MobilityWare is looking for an experienced Level Designer to help us develop the next generation of mobile social games! We are looking for fun, energetic people who have a passion for building great products and bringing our games to life. So, if you think you have the chops to deliver something unique, then we are interested in talking to you!
MobilityWare is a cool, casual, and awesomely successful company smack dab in the middle of Orange County. We do fun and we do it better than others. Our game downloads to date total over 200 million and our games are consistently ranked in the Top 5.
The Level Designer must have previous experience building levels for top grossing Free-to-Play Match-3 games and help mentor junior level designers in this space. This person will be responsible for creating and designing levels and game features for match-3 puzzle games for Mobile platforms including Apple (iOS), Android. The candidate must be able to create levels using industry standard level design tool sets and can not only build levels but have the experience to evaluate the quality of the levels. In addition, the Level Designer is responsible for play testing levels and maintaining documentation about the process.
The Level Designer will participate in product and feature brainstorming sessions, assist in product play testing, and work with other team members to review the full mobile product. In addition, the Level Designer must be able to take notes from frequent playtests and can incorporate the feedback into revised level/puzzle designs.
The Level Designer will work closely with the Sr. Game Designer and other Key Stakeholders to understand and deliver against platform partner requirements and specifications. The Level Designer will be responsible for supporting the Sr. Game Designer in all aspects of product development including post production and in the live environment. This includes ensuring the Game Design team is regularly updated on milestones, features and deliverables and that live tuning are hitting all game performance KPI tuning.
The Level Design should also have experience managing external level designers/vendors. Having mentor junior level designers or managing them is also required for this position and need.
- Minimum 2+ years creating and designing levels/puzzles for Top Grossing F2P Match-3 mobile games. Must be super comfortable to spot out match-3 level quality and if text book rules for design great levels are in place just by looking at the layout of the board and pieces + existing obstacles.
- Must have previous experience designing for Free-To-Play mobile/social games and have worked with Live-Ops (PM’s) on proving features that target key KPI’s
- Must understand and be able to establish Match-3 level difficulty curves and be a pro at balancing to targeted win/loss ratios.
- Strong understand of FTUE Flows for Match-3 tutorials and new features.
- Implemented level design for at least 1 shipped mobile, social game titles.
- Solid understanding of the Mobile Game market (Platforms & Trends).
- Personal experience playing casual Match-3 mobile games.
- Strong team player but also ability to work independently, to meet tight deadlines under pressure and to handle multiple duties at once while staying organized.
- Experience with both Macintosh and PC computers required.
- Experience with critical software (Word, Excel, Visio or other Wireframing Tools, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash)
- Familiarity with Unity is a plus.
- Create levels/puzzles for casual mobile game products
- Results oriented, Self-motivated and disciplined.
- Able to multi-task like a pro.
- Sense of humor, high energy + positive attitude
- Strong team player w/ good people skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to take direction and mentor junior level designers
- Problem Solver and self-starter who can take accountability and ownership of projects from start to finish
Why you should work for us:
- Awesome Perks: free lunch, free snacks, free drink, free Annual Company trip
- Casual workplace - yes, flip flops and shorts are pretty much an everyday thing
- Growth, growth, growth - we are growing and we would love for you to join us on the ride
- We also want to take care of our team so we've got profit sharing incentives, medical, dental (100% paid), vision (100% paid), Unlimited PTO/Vacation, life insurance (100% paid), and 401K
- Awesome office smack dab in the middle of OC and 2 minutes off the 5 freeway
- Amazing talent: We've got some heavy hitters from the industry who embody both brilliance AND humility