Looking for an innovative, creative, passionate, and fun company in OC. Then let us introduce ourselves. We are MobilityWare and we make fun for a living and do it better than most! Our mobile games have been rocking the app store since its inception and we regularly show up in those top two/top five/top ten lists for most popular games. We recently reached over 400 million downloads and over 10.5 million players a DAY on the platform.
We were voted 2015/2016/2017/2018 on the Best Places to Work in Orange County by the Orange County Business Journal and OC Register! We are headquartered in Irvine, CA and our flagship game, Solitaire, was released on the day the App Store opened in 2008. Other titles include Blackjack, Freecell, Match & Resuce, Crown Solitaire, Destination Solitaire and Spider Solitaire. Our vision is to create most exciting game apps and have fun doing. MobilityWare has over 190 employees as of 2019.
What We Are Looking For
Love games? Always wanted to work in the game industry? Excited about writing systems that are used by millions of people each day? We need a software quality automation ninja and it could be you! We are looking for a highly creative, organized and talented quality engineer with incredible interpersonal skills and the software development experience to match. The Platform & Tools group at MobilityWare is building a platform of shared services and client components in support of the studio's portfolio of casual mobile games. Our services are the glue that carry our players from game to game and enable great social experiences. We build the systems that give insight into what our players love about our games and help us deliver more of what they love. We build developer tools that help our game teams get great content into the players' hands faster and more reliably. Your job will be to develop quality automation for server and client-side solutions used to connect our clients to platform and 3rd party services.
What You'll Be Doing
- Build quality automation for both server and client-side features including ad content delivery, cross product promotion and related analytics.
- Align technical design and development practices with architectural vision for systems.
- Define and evangelize quality metrics across the development organization.
- Follow engineering best practices.
- Work within an Agile project management methodology.
- Provide support to internal customers in a friendly and responsive fashion.
What You Should Have
- Prefer bachelor’s degree in CS, Math, or technical field.
- 3+ years working in software quality engineering.
- Demonstrable skill with both server and client-side development environments.
- Demonstrable skill with mature programming practices and tools such as Test-Driven Development with unit testing frameworks, Git flow and pull requests and code reviews.
- Familiarity with OO design as it applies to client development such as "Gang of Four" design patterns and MVC frameworks.
- Familiarity with open source development methodologies. Bonus points for ideas about how these techniques could be applied for internally developed tools and libraries.
Why you should work for us:
- Awesome Perks: free lunch, free snacks, free soda, free coffee, free trip, free dental, free vision
- Casually awesome workplace - yes, flip flops and shorts are pretty much an everyday thing
- Growth, growth, growth - we are growing and we would love for you to join us on the ride
- We also want to take care of our team so we've got profit sharing incentives, medical, dental (100% paid), vision (100% paid), Unlimited PTO/Vacation, life insurance (100% paid), and 401K
- Awesome office smack dab in the middle of OC and 2 minutes off the 5 freeway
- Amazing talent: We've got some heavy hitters from the industry who embody both brilliance AND humility