Looking for an innovative, creative, passionate, and fun company in OC? Then, let us introduce ourselves. We are MobilityWare and we make fun for a living! Our mobile games have been rocking the app store since its inception and we regularly show up in top lists for most popular games. We recently reached over 350 million downloads across our portfolio of games!
We've been voted 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 Best Places to Work in Orange County by the Orange County Business Journal and OC Register! Headquartered in Irvine, CA., our flagship game, Solitaire, was released on the day the App Store opened in 2008. Other titles include Blackjack, FreeCell, Destination Solitaire and Spider Solitaire, to name a few. Our vision is to create the most exciting mobile games and have fun doing it.
The Sr UI/UX Designer is an integral part of our games in 2 ways:
- This person will be responsible for designing compelling, meaningful and relevant experiences from conception to delivery in a cross-functional environment. This person will bridge the gap between design, flow, art, and technology to ship world-class experiences. (UX)
- This person is the main conduit for unparalleled and functional UI art, design and consistency. (UI)
Reporting to the Art Director, this person will work with Product Owners, Producers, Artists, Engineers and Designers to produce unparalleled user experiences on iOS and Android games.
- Design the architecture, interface, and interaction flow of game features and experiences
- Work closely with game designers, artists, and engineers to develop and deliver personas, flowcharts, wireframes, user flows, and functional prototypes
- Create animated prototypes demonstrating UI interaction models and visual effects
- Discover what matters to users and help determine not just what things look like, but how they work and what we build next
- Predict, identify, and resolve experience design issues that could impede player experience in your general product area
- Own and communicate the high-level vision and creative goals for the User Experience
- Own end-to-end feature design by defining, developing, iterating, and documenting design requirements
- Conceive transitions and animated effects to enhance gameplay and tutorials
- Play and analyze many games, and understand a wide variety of approaches to UX.
- Define and Create an awesome UI that aligns to the pillars of the game
- Create the UI building blocks / style guide for the game
- Apply and maintain a consistent art style throughout the entire project interface
- Work closely with Systems Designers to iterate on concepts until architectural and usability requirements are met
- Review game feature goals, create wireframes, and produce screen mockups and assets
- Collaborate with Engineering team to ensure UI assets are authored in a consistent manner to hit the game engine’s memory and rendering performance targets
- Implement art and UI designs in the game client, understand technical requirements and implement features directly in Unity
- Present designs to stakeholders; discuss decisions and incorporate feedback as needed
- Learn and share best practices of UI design with the team
- Mentor and coach junior UI Designers
- 5+ years of experience designing user experiences and creating prototypes and wire-frames in mobile game productions
- An excellent portfolio that demonstrates a strong understanding of UX
- Proven experience delivering concepts, user journeys, storyboards, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, etc.
- Deep knowledge of what matters to the players (through market analysis, consumer research, and feedback) and incorporating that into designing a rewarding experience
- Defend rationale used to create design solutions in stakeholder review sessions
- Use business requirements to assist in developing use cases and high-level requirements.
- Obsessed with the player experience; never settling for good enough
- Proficient in designing and prototyping with tools such as Proto.io, Sketch, InVision, Photoshop, Illustrator, Axure, Unity or similar.
- 5+ years of experience creating UI for mobile game productions
- Ability to create high quality UI from scratch and continue to iterate on it
- Able to take complex information and turn it into player-friendly UI design
- Exceptional understanding of fundamental graphic design principles (typography, layout, grid, hierarchy, color, animation, composition)
- Strong written and spoken communication
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and any other relevant 2D software.
- Knowledge of Unity and it’s UI System
- Strong passion for gaming; especially mobile games.
- Experience with creating and maintaining UI assets in Unity
- Highly proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch or other design tools
- Understanding of “freemium” business model, including customer acquisition, retention, and monetization
- Experience with casual puzzle games such as Homescapes and Matchington Mansion
Why You Should Work for US
- Awesome Perks: free lunch, free snacks, free drink, free Annual Company trip
- Casual workplace - yes, flip flops and shorts are pretty much an everyday thing
- Growth, growth, growth - we are growing and we would love for you to join us on the ride
- We also want to take care of our team so we've got profit sharing incentives, medical, dental (100% paid), vision (100% paid), Unlimited PTO/Vacation, life insurance (100% paid), and 401K
- Awesome office smack dab in the middle of OC and 2 minutes off the 5 freeway
- Amazing talent: We've got some heavy hitters from the industry who embody both brilliance AND humility