Looking for an innovative, creative, passionate, and fun company in OC? Then, let us introduce ourselves. We are MobilityWare and we make fun for a living! Our mobile games have been rocking the app store since its inception and we regularly show up in top lists for most popular games. We recently reached over 350 million downloads across our portfolio of games!
We've been voted 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 Best Places to Work in Orange County by the Orange County Business Journal and OC Register! Headquartered in Irvine, CA., our flagship game, Solitaire, was released on the day the App Store opened in 2008. Other titles include Blackjack, FreeCell, Destination Solitaire, Slots and Spider Solitaire, to name a few. Our vision is to create the most exciting mobile games and have fun doing it.
As an Engineering Manager in the Social Casino Suite, you’ll be using your leadership skills and experience building great games with Unity 3D to help your team deliver high quality mobile games on iOS and Android. Your team will be primarily focused on Slots, but we also work on Blackjack and other games in the casino genre. In addition to managing 3-5 engineers, you’ll be hands-on developing within Unity, as well as collaborating with managers and leads on other teams to deliver on our mission: Bringing joy to others, one game at a time.
The Social Casino Suite has an experienced team of engineers who come from a variety of engineering background and have worked on numerous games and other high-scale systems in their careers. The server-side and client-side engineers work closely together with artists, designers, producers, and product managers who share a passion for making great games.
This role is a split role involving both management and hands-on development with the remaining time. Your team will be primarily focused on development within Unity 3D using C#. You’ll also work with other libraries, systems, and services that build out the tech ecosystem that power our Social Casino games.
- Engineering management of 3-5 engineers, including coaching for growth, handling reviews, and facilitating high performance.
- Collaboration with other leads and managers to coordinate development efforts.
- Hands-on development in Unity 3D, including new functionality as well as maintenance.
- B.S. in Computer Science or comparable degree. Strong computer science fundamentals is ideal.
- Expert in Unity, using both 2D and 3D.
- 6+ years in game development with proven past experience.
- 2+ years as an engineering manager, with a history of success.
- Solid knowledge of software engineering patterns and practices.
- Previous experience with Slots games is a plus.
Why you should work for us:
- Awesome Perks: free lunch, free snacks, free soda, free coffee, free trip, free dental, free vision
- Casually awesome workplace - yes, flip flops and shorts are pretty much an everyday thing
- Growth, growth, growth - we are growing and we would love to take you on the ride
- We also want to take care of our team so we've got profit sharing incentives, medical, dental (100% paid), vision (100% paid), OPEN PTO, life insurance (100% paid), and 401K
- Awesome office smack dab in the middle of OC and 2 minutes off the 5 freeway