Looking for an innovative, creative, passionate, and fun company in OC. Then let us introduce ourselves. We are MobilityWare and we make fun for a living and do it better than most! Our mobile games have been rocking the app store since its inception and we regularly show up in those top two/top five/top ten lists for most popular games. We recently reached over 350 million downloads, which is almost the entire American population!
We were voted 2015/2016/2017/2018 on the Best Places to Work in Orange County by the Orange County Business Journal and OC Register! We are headquartered in Irvine, CA and our flagship game, Solitaire, was released on the day the App Store opened in 2008. Other titles include Blackjack, Freecell, Match & Resuce, Crown Solitaire, Destination Solitaire and Spider Solitaire. Our vision is to create most exciting game apps and have fun doing. MobilityWare has over 175 employees as of May 2018.
What We Are Looking For
MobilityWare delights millions of players every day with our portfolio of mobile and web applications. Those games generate huge piles of player data that must be enriched with data from third parties. That data triggers insights. Those insights must be transformed into signals that operational systems can respond to to improve the customer experience. Your role will be to produce the systems that turn data into action.
What You'll Be Doing
- Write streaming and batch data transformations.
- Design and build data storage systems.
- Be a senior technical resource on the team
- Mentor other team members
- Ensure high quality through design and code reviews
- Work with data product managers to specify and design new systems
- Work with project managers to scope and plan projects
- Maintain the SLA for live systems you write and deploy
What You Should Have
- Prefer bachelor’s degree in CS, Math, or technical field
- A minimum of 5 years working in software engineering.
- A minimum of 3 years working in data engineering.
- Strong knowledge of at least one modern, OO or functional programming language commonly used in data engineering especially : Java, Scala, .NET, Python, GoLang
- Strong knowledge of database technologies including Big Data technologies such as : Hive, Presto, Redshift, Dynamo
- Strong architecture design skills especially using cloud tooling.
- Strong software design skills, especially OO skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with desire and ability to work as an internal consultant
- Strong cloud and SOA experience. AWS preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Agile project management principles and how it applies to software engineering practice from development to version control, code review, artifact creation, release management.
- Knowledge of and desire to partner with DevOps to design, deploy, and support a full-stack service solution in the cloud.
- Bonus points for wizardry with Docker, container orchestration such as Kubernetes, and cloud tooling especially AWS.
- Bonus (not required)
- Prior experience with service development especially REST services
- Understanding of SOA especially microservices architectures
Why you should work for us:
- Awesome Perks: free lunch, free snacks, free soda, free coffee, free trip, free dental, free vision
- Casually awesome workplace - yes, flip flops and shorts are pretty much an everyday thing
- Growth, growth, growth - we are growing and we would love for you to join us on the ride
- We also want to take care of our team so we've got profit sharing incentives, medical, dental (100% paid), vision (100% paid), Unlimited PTO/Vacation, life insurance (100% paid), and 401K
- Awesome office smack dab in the middle of OC and 2 minutes off the 5 freeway
- Amazing talent: We've got some heavy hitters from the industry who embody both brilliance AND humility