MobilityWare is a cool, casual, and awesomely successful company smack dab in the middle of Orange County. We do fun and we do it better than others. Our game downloads to date total over 360 million and our games are consistently ranked in the top 5.
About The Gig:
Do you eat, breathe, and sleep product vision? We need a creative, experienced Product Owner to help lead the studio’s flagship production team.
The perfect candidate will understand the casual game market, have a passion for building great games, and be focused on delighting the customer. You will love data – what the customer is doing, when they are doing it, and why.
This position holds the vision for MobilityWare’s flagship products – Solitaire, FreeCell, and Spider. That’s two of the top 5 most played mobile games in the world! So, you will have proven experience as a vision-holder.
As a Product Owner, you will work under the Director of Product to help guide the production team. You will cultivate an amazing work environment, collaborate with key stakeholders, and develop strategies that grow both our customers and our revenue. You will be a culture leader at MobilityWare, which has earned ‘Best Places To Work’ in the OC in 2015, 2016 and 2017. If this sounds like you, we want to talk!
What You'll Do:
- Lead the product vision with clear communication
- Become an expert of the competitive landscape
- Develop a deep understanding of our players
- Consistently analyze our many sources of data to uncover new potential
- Set direction that increases critical KPI’s such as retention and revenue
- Inspire the development team
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in other departments across the studio
- Work tirelessly with your Producer to execute your Roadmap
- Work under the direction of the Director of Product to meet company goals
- Cultivate a positive and supportive work environment
- Effectively manage direct reports in the areas of Design, Production, and Live Ops
- Positively communicate key learnings, opportunities, and missteps up the management chain
Tools You Should Have:
- Experience working with executive stakeholders
- Demonstrated passion for leading game vision
- Significant experience using data and analytics to both understand and meet customer and company needs
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Vision Holder and have shipped at least 3 mobile games as the Vision Holder
- Minimum 1 year of people management experience
- Positive attitude with a desire to be the driving force of a friendly, upbeat and supportive development environment
- Excellent understanding of the Mobile Game market (Platforms & Trends)
- Excellent understanding of different business models in mobile games today
The Payout (Why you should work for us)
- Amazing culture - we do what we say we are going to do, we're honest, we're nice, we're crazy smart, and we love to have a good time and all of this is true at every level of the organization.
- Good Action: free lunch, free snacks, free soda, free coffee, free trip!
- Casually awesome workplace - yes, flip flops and shorts are pretty much an everyday thing
- Growth, growth, growth - we are growing and we would love to take you on the ride
- We also want to take care of our team so we've got medical, dental (100% paid), vision (100% paid), OPEN PTO, life insurance (100% paid), and 401K