MobileCoin is building the future of digital payments. We are making the cryptocurrency you will use everyday to pay for anything - as fast and as private as cash.
We are passionate about developing world-class products and software which maintain unprecedented user privacy while delivering the next-generation digital payments platform. We believe that career fulfillment and enterprise success converge when smart, hard-working, and intellectually curious people come together with a shared goal of innovation, and the pursuit of excellence.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Developer to join our team! As a backend engineer, you will work on our services that power our payment and financial solutions. This is a rare opportunity for an experienced technologist to join a well-positioned team at an early stage to deliver immediate, measurable and long-lasting impact. You will gain exposure to many aspects of developing and deploying leading-edge cryptographic and financial primitives and work alongside individuals with proven experience building some of the most innovative blockchain technologies in the world.
- Design, develop, and test new backend services using Kotlin, including APIs, data storage, and business logic
- Maintain code quality and ownership of existing backend systems
- Collaborate with product owners and the rest of the engineering team
- Review and shape user experience based on backend capabilities and designs
- Communicate with the company's partners to help integrate MobileCoin
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of backend software engineering experience
- Experience with backend development, ideally in Kotlin, Java, Rust, Go, Python, or Ruby
- Experience in API design + performance optimization
- Experience with SQL and databases + ORMs
- Experience with automated software testing + continuous integration and deployment
- Experience delivering reliable, highly observable systems at scale
Preferred Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience with static languages such as Rust, Kotlin or other JVM languages
- Experience with gRPC
- Understanding cryptocurrency space
- Understanding of cryptographic concepts: (a)symmetric cryptography, hashing, signatures
- Experience with developing libraries/SDKs
- Experience developing in PII-sensitive environments
- Competitive Salary (based on experience)
- Annual bonus
- Blue-chip Healthcare Benefits
- Monthly Wellness, Food, Education & Tech Stipend
- 401k Matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Unique opportunity to be an early part of a fast-growing SIlicon Valley “unicorn”
Location: Open to remote candidates in the US
MobileCoin Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
Colorado, New York, Washington, and California Pay Law
The target annual pay range for this position in Colorado, New York, Washington and California can range from $160,000 to $200,000 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401k), however, base pay offered may vary depending on skills, level, experience, job-related knowledge and location.