MobileCoin is building the future of digital payments. We want to make a cryptocurrency you can use everyday to pay for anything.
We are passionate about implementing scientific and mathematical methods to explore, isolate, and solve problems in the global financial markets while respecting user-privacy. We believe that career fulfillment and enterprise success converge when smart, hard-working, and intellectually curious people come together with a shared goal of innovation, and the pursuit of excellence.
The Senior Software Engineer will join MobileCoin’s Fog team focusing on developing a scalable service infrastructure that enables a smartphone to manage a privacy-preserving cryptocurrency with locally-stored cryptographic keys. You will work closely with the team leader and senior engineers on developing the team’s infrastructure and pipeline for oblivious data processing on mobile clients. This is a rare opportunity for a strong technologist with a cryptographic mindset to join a well-positioned team at an early stage to deliver immediate, measurable and long-lasting impact. You will gain exposure to many aspects of developing and deploying cryptographic and financial primitives and work alongside individuals with proven experience building some of the most innovative blockchain technologies in the world.
- Develop an efficient and scalable pipeline and tools for oblivious data processing.
- Customize and optimize the team's Fog platform using state-of-the art approaches in secure hardware and cryptography.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years of industry experience in software and systems engineering
- Bachelors or advanced degree in CS, EE or other STEM majors
- Deep knowledge of Rust, modern C++ or other systems language
- Experience with systems programming, network protocols, and cross-language FFI
- Strong programming skills in Python or other scripting languages
- Hands-on mentality, attention to detail, and keen interest in cryptography
- Familiarity with Linux environments
- Ability to create well-documented code and communicate effectively on technical subjects
Preferred Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience authoring and porting cryptographically-sensitive code
- Experience in building or optimizing low-latency systems
- Experience in building data, research or production tools for privacy preserving products
- Experience with low-level implementations utilizing hardware devices such as SGX and GPUs.
- Familiarity with foundations of cryptography
- Familiarity with cloud computing environments and orchestration such as Kubernetes