MNTN is an innovative adtech company looking to bring on a resourceful Senior Revenue and GL Accountant to join our fast-growing company as we look to enter the next stage of our evolution. We’re looking for individuals who are self-starters, naturally curious, and want to be part of a hyper growth environment.
As an Senior Revenue and GL Accountant at MNTN, we are looking for someone that can work in the weeds of the month end close process and understand revenue recognition, but can also see the bigger picture to ensure our company’s financial health is always the top priority. Your ability to communicate effectively, navigate deadlines with ease, and be a team player will help the company remain on solid standing with US GAAP guidance and the various audit and compliance projects you will be a part of.
We are not just looking for a senior Revenue and GL accountant- we are looking for a future leader that has the potential to take on a great deal of new projects and understand the intricacies of what it takes to be a process driven accounting function. We believe that people are reliable, good, honest and effective. We hire people that share that belief. We also happen to be the fastest growing company in streaming television.
- Provide audit ready schedules and communicate with external auditors
- Manage all of our revenue recognition, billing and communication with our customer.
- Collaborate with internal teams and external parties to ensure client billing is processed timely and accurately.
- Have a profound understanding of deferred revenue, multi-element arrangements, and cost of sales allocation.
- Accurately perform month end close process for a variety of areas: Revenue, Cash, Accrued Liabilities, Leases, and department allocations.
- Provide a level of expertise on GAAP Revenue guidance especially on ASC 606.
- Create and maintain reconciliations on key asset and liability accounts.
- Use your strong analytical and problem-solving skills to propose and implement solutions and process efficiencies for our growing business.
- Analyze profit and loss accounts and underlying support to provide key insights and recommendations.
- Be an effective liaison for our 3rd party vendors, systems, and customer contacts.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Finance, Product Development, and Product Support teams to solve challenging problems.
- Contribute bringing in your knowledge of best practices and driving process improvement.
- 4+ years of experience in accounting or relevant function
- CPA License
- MBA or Bachelor's degree (Accounting, Finance or related field)
- Strong core knowledge of US GAAP Accounting
- Strong knowledge of Revenue Recognition and ASC 606.
- Experienced working with external party auditors
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, expert in Microsoft Excel
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Ability to learn quickly and take on ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as requested.
- Ability to manage resources across sales, marketing and client services to prioritize in accordance with business goals and define deliverables
- Ability to track, monitor, and report on projects and deliverables
- Ability to guide and direct a broad array of reporting projects simultaneously from demand to closure working through an agile methodology
- Background in AdTech, ecommerce or client-facing SaaS platforms and a firm knowledge of marketing performance terminology
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Prior Big 4 Experience preferred
- Public Company experience with exposure to revenue accounting
- Netsuite experience preferred
- Production Accounting and strong revenue background, a plus.
The gig comes with a few perks:
- 100% remote – work from anywhere you like
- Competitive Compensation
- 100% healthcare coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for dependent, medical, and dental care
- Open-ended vacation policy with an annual $2,000 vacation stipend
- Company-wide 3-day weekend every month
- Quarterly team on sites (upcoming Aspen, CO)
- Collaborative work environment with friendly people
- Transparency - we share very detailed financial info at company meetings
MNTN is the world’s first self-serve CTV platform that allows brands and agencies to precisely target digital audiences on high-end cable networks, complete with tracking in Google Analytics. We call it Performance TV. MNTN Performance TV has redefined what it means to advertise on television, transforming Connected TV into a direct response, performance marketing channel.
Our solutions give advertisers total transparency and complete control over their campaigns – all with the fastest go-live in the industry. Thousands of top brands have partnered with MNTN, including Orangetheory Fitness, Callaway Golf, Lands End, Yeti, and Ferrari.