At MNTN, we’ve built a culture based on quality, trust, ambition and accountability - but most importantly we really like working here. We’re looking for people who naturally want to do more, own more, and make an impact in their careers - and we’re seeking someone to be part of our next stage of growth.
MNTN is looking for a General Counsel. As a senior leader you will help drive commercial growth while balancing business risk. MNTN is scaling rapidly, and we need a pragmatic senior leader to work across several areas including financings, acquisitions, securities laws, corporate governance, commercial contracts, product development, regulatory compliance, data privacy and security, employment, and general legal matters. This role reports to the CFO and will work closely with the entire leadership team.
You will work with internal teams and external parties, and focus on:
- Product, Regulatory Compliance, and Data Privacy and Security
- Acquisitions and Strategic Investments
- Corporate Governance, including board and other corporate governance matters
- Commercial Contracts, including vendor contracts, customer contracts, partner agreements, NDAs, and other contracts
- Employment, including routine and unique employment matters
- Equity and Debt Financings
You have (or are):
- 7+ years legal experience, at a leading law firm, or split between a law firm and in-house at a high-growth tech company
- High academic achievements from a leading undergraduate university and a top-tier law school
- Strong business acumen and can approach complex problems and solve them
- Creative - you approach every problem with a question, “What is the right answer for us?” not just, “What do other people do?”
- An ownership mentality - you are a doer, you roll up your sleeves and get the job done, you are detail-oriented
- Integrity and character - you are comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment that will require you to manage competing priorities, pivot quickly and often, and continually grow as the company grows
- Comfortable or will become comfortable outside of your current areas of expertise, you don’t “build fences.” We understand you can’t be an expert in all areas, but expect you to dig in and contribute in all areas
- The ability to build efficient and effective legal resources by attracting and retaining exceptional talent (hiring 1-3 additional resources that complement and supplement your skills over the next 12 months)
The gig comes with a few perks:
- 100% remote
- Collaborative work environment with friendly people
- Transparency - we share very detailed financial info at company meetings
- Competitive Compensation
- 100% healthcare coverage
- Open-ended vacation policy with an annual vacation stipend
- 401k plan (Company Match)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for dependent, medical, and dental care
MNTN is the world’s first self-serve CTV platform that allows brands and agencies to precisely target digital audiences on high-end cable networks, complete with tracking in Google Analytics. We call it Performance TV. MNTN Performance TV has redefined what it means to advertise on television, transforming Connected TV into a direct response, performance marketing channel.
Our solutions give advertisers total transparency and complete control over their campaigns – all with the fastest go-live in the industry. Thousands of top brands have partnered with MNTN, including Orangetheory Fitness, Callaway Golf, Lands End, Yeti, and Ferrari.