MNTN’s mission is to create performance marketing that actually performs all from one beautiful user interface. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at MNTN are builders at heart. Our team is constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to truly connect marketers and their customers in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger marketing interactions — we’re just getting started.
We are looking for a talented Backend Engineer who is proficient with Node.js and GraphQL. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic and definition, while ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will have a basic understanding of front-end technologies and be responsible for integrating these elements into the application. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important, as you will be working cross-functionally on different layers of the infrastructure.
- Integrate user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implement low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implement security and data protection
- Collaborate with Product Designs, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver performant server side applications
- Experience with React and GraphQL
- 2-4+ years of Node.js experience, including frameworks such as Express, Koa
- 4+ years of experience building RESTful APIs and optimizing server side performance
- 1-2 years of experience writing SQL queries and designing Postgres domain models
- HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
- Experience using CI/CD tools
- Experience using source control tools
- Experience working in a service-oriented architecture
- Knowledge of design patterns and understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Experience implementing automated testing platforms with integration and unit tests
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Knowledge of Behavioral Driven Development (BDD) and how to write effective unit & functional test cases
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
The gig comes with a few perks:
- 100% remote
- Collaborative work environment with friendly people
- Transparency - we share very detailed financial info at company meetings
- Competitive Compensation
- 100% healthcare coverage
- Open-ended vacation policy with an annual vacation stipend
- 401k plan
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for dependent, medical, and dental care
MNTN provides advertising software for brands to reach their audience across Connected TV, web, and mobile. MNTN Performance TV has redefined what it means to advertise on television, transforming Connected TV into a direct response, performance marketing channel. Our web retargeting has been leveraged by thousands of top brands for over a decade, driving billions of dollars in revenue.
Our solutions give advertisers total transparency and complete control over their campaigns – all with the fastest go-live in the industry. Thousands of top brands have partnered with MNTN, including Virgin America, TUMI, Staples, Beachbody, and others.