About Our Company
M.M.LaFleur is a female-founded womenswear company based in New York City. We believe the world is a better place when women succeed, so we celebrate the modern professional woman through our clothing, styling, and community. Our thoughtfully designed pieces are practical, comfortable, and beautiful, and we hope that when you wear them, you feel like the most polished and powerful version of yourself. Our goal is to take the work out of dressing for work—whether that means heading to the office, networking over brunch, leading PTA meetings, or anything in between.
Who are we?
We're a group of go-getters who are passionate about reimagining the way women shop and dress for work. We get inspiration from our customers, and everything we design has a purpose and a human touch. We think big, but we sweat the details, and we take our work (but never ourselves) seriously. We’re steady but nimble, thanks to a whip-smart, energetic team that’s not afraid to be scrappy. We are perfectionists who sometimes spill on our clothes—we own our mistakes, turn challenges into growth, and evolve as we learn. We embrace ambiguity, celebrate weird ideas, and love a work in progress. We are kind but direct, and we practice Kizukai—a Japanese word that means “empathy in action.” We are incredibly proud of the team we’ve built, and we’re excited to continue evolving as we grow.
Our corporate office is located in lower Manhattan, but to prevent the spread of Covid-19, most of our positions are currently remote.
About this Role
We are searching for a highly-motivated and hard-working Accountant to join our lean Finance team at MM.LaFleur. The ideal candidate is organized, detail-oriented, analytical and not afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the job done. This role will report into our Accounting Manager.
What will you do?
- Reconcile general ledger accounts on a monthly basis
- Prepare journal entries and accompanying analysis
- Actively assist with month-end closings
- Own inventory reconciliation, relationship with Production team members and vendors
- Prepare various daily, weekly, and monthly reports and analysis to support business operations
- Demonstrate strong analytical and technical accounting skills
- Assist with preparing monthly management reporting presentations
- Assist with other accounting department functions as required
What skills do you have?
- BA/BS degree in Accounting required
- 3-5 years of progressive accounting-related work experience
- Experience in Public Accounting preferred
- CPA preferred
- Experience in the apparel and retail industry a plus
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills and able to work well with a team
- Self-starter who is action oriented and possesses a strong sense of urgency
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products with strong Excel skills
- Netsuite experience is a plus
- Ambition to succeed in a fast-paced startup environment with prior experience working in a mid to small sized company
- A thorough and zero-defect mindset
- Process-oriented and able to make suggestions for improvement
- General interest in MM.LaFleur’s product, mission, and core customers