About Our Company
M.M.LaFleur is a female-founded womenswear company based in New York City. We believe the world is a better place when women succeed, so we celebrate the modern professional woman through our clothing, styling, and community. Our thoughtfully designed pieces are practical, comfortable, and beautiful, and we hope that when you wear them, you feel like the most polished and powerful version of yourself. Our goal is to take the work out of dressing for work—whether you’re heading to the office or telecommuting from home.
Who are we?
We're a group of go-getters who are passionate about reimagining the way women shop and dress for work. We get inspiration from our customers, and everything we design has a purpose and a human touch. We think big, but we sweat the details, and we take our work (but never ourselves) seriously. We’re steady but nimble, thanks to a whip-smart, energetic team that’s not afraid to be scrappy. We are perfectionists who sometimes spill on our clothes—we own our mistakes, turn challenges into growth, and evolve as we learn. We embrace ambiguity, celebrate weird ideas, and love a work in progress. We are kind but direct, and we practice Kizukai—a Japanese word that means “empathy in action.” We are incredibly proud of the team we’ve built, and we’re excited to continue evolving as we grow.
Our corporate office is located in lower Manhattan, but to prevent the spread of Covid-19, most of our positions are currently remote.
What will you do?
- Point person for all general payroll-related questions
- Process payroll on a bi-weekly basis, ensuring accuracy and timeliness
- Review and ensure accuracy of gross pay to net pay, including earnings, deductions, garnishments,and taxes for exempt and nonexempt employees
- Manage the day-to-day payroll operations, including identifying process improvements
- Knowledgeable in Namely HRIS system to ensure accurate recording of time for all non-exempt employees (or a fast system’s learner!)
- Write, maintain, and support a variety of queries using appropriate reporting tools
- Point person for all general benefits-related questions
- Conduct Benefits Orientation for new hires
- Process monthly billing and payments for all benefits lines
- Assist in annual renewal process for all benefits lines
People Ops Administration
- Take and action on employee inquiries about payroll, benefits, and company policies
- Responsible for onboarding and offboarding processes
- Order business cards on a regular cadence
- Keep MMoxie, our internal intranet and learning system up to date with new hires and termination
- Manage peopleops@ listserv and ensure employees are answered in a timely manner
- Help manage and upkeep the HRIS and all employee records - making sure all data is accurate and up-to-date.
- Recommends and maintains policies, procedures, and best practice guidelines as needed
- Assist in handling unemployment claims
- Helping formulate and upkeep our People Ops dashboard - bringing insights to the leadership team on areas of focus to best optimize our People-related efforts.
- Help in efforts to retain top talent by looking for new ways to engage employees and make everyday life at MM seamless when it comes to People Operation policies.
- Work closely with the rest of the People team and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention through internal and external programs and events
- Help out the People team as we develop, plan, and implement employee engagement events, manage perks and promote a strong culture
- Full-cycle recruiting for Level 1 and Level 2 roles
What skills do you have?
- 1-2 years of people ops experience, working in a fast-paced environment
- High level of trust and demonstrated ability to work with sensitive, confidential data
- Ability to proactively build strong relationships and trust with all levels of employees
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Extremely personable and approachable with a strong emotional intelligence
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to contribute within a team setting
- You can manage the fast-paced day-to-day tasks, as well as step back to think creatively and contemplate the long-term vision