We are Media Molecule, a multi-award winning video game developer and a proud member of the PlayStation Studios family. We have a history of creating revolutionary games such as LittleBigPlanet, Tearaway and most recently the BAFTA Award winning Dreams. It’s a fantastic time to join us as we embark on our next adventure, defining and executing the vision for our next project and settling into our spectacular, newly refurbished studio in central Guildford. We are now searching for an experienced Lead Programmer to join our team.
Location: Our studio in Guildford or remote (UK based).
Role: We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative individual, with a strong technical background, to help lead development on game systems as we establish work for our next exciting project.
What you'll be doing:
- Leading the architectural direction for game systems, such as UI and metagame.
- Managing team members to help support their career growth and maximise their potential.
- Working with systems/UX designers to realise creative goals.
- Championing technical best-practice within the game technology group.
- Excellent C++ skills with the ability to write readable/maintainable code.
- Strong debugging and analytical skills.
- Good technical verbal and written communication.
- Managing, mentoring and/or coaching members of a technical team.
- Implementing, debugging and rectifying code in a multithreaded environment.
- Collaborating closely with other disciplines to explore solutions.
In return we offer the opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and social team, with a tip top benefits package including (but not limited to);
- Competitive salary & bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme, life assurance, income protection and access to a financial planning coach
- 25 days holiday and discretionary additional holiday days over summer and Christmas
- Flexible working practices (onsite, hybrid, UK remote, core hours – role dependent)
- Free lunches, snacks and refreshments on site
- Private health and dental insurance plus Online GP access
- Modern health EAP
- Free PS game codes and Sony product discounts
- Quarterly Mm wellbeing days
- Gymflex discount
- £250 annual personal development fund and access to our online learning library
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Menopause policy
- Volunteering opportunities
Media Molecule is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.