* This is a hands-on iOS engineering manager role (3 engineers) for Around, an XR home design app by Mixtiles *
Who are we?
Mixtiles is on a mission to create homes people love. We started by developing the easiest way to get photos out of your smartphone and onto your walls and expanded to delivering artwork, plants that live forever, a whole home design AR app, IoT and more.
Mixtiles manufactures and delivers over a million(!) physical products monthly to happy customers in the US and Europe. We rely heavily on software engineering, generative AI, AR/VR/XR technologies, industrial/digital design, marketing and manufacturing know-how to get this done. We are one of the largest & fastest growing profitable consumer startups in Israel.
Around is a new platform we’re developing, and it’s kind of a startup inside Mixtiles. It's an augmented reality app that allows users to easily style and visualize different design options for their homes and then buy them directly from the app. We think it’s like a designer in your pocket, and we believe that it has the potential to disrupt the home design industry and are excited to see where it takes us.
What is the role?
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Software Engineering Manager to lead our engineering team in the development and maintenance of Around. In this "coach-player" role, you will be responsible for building and managing a team of software engineers, setting technical direction, and ensuring that our product is delivered on time and to the highest quality standards. You will also be responsible for collaborating with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize features, as well as mentoring and developing your team members to help them reach their full potential. In addition to these management responsibilities, you will also be hands-on with the code, contributing to the development of our product.
This is a unique opportunity to join a startup that is operating at a fast pace and using cutting-edge technology such as augmented reality and AI. We have a flat communication structure and encourage creativity and innovation. If you are excited about the potential of AR and AI and want to be part of a team that is pushing the boundaries of what is possible, we encourage you to apply.
What will you be responsible for
- Build and manage a team of software engineers, setting technical direction and ensuring that our product is delivered on time and to the highest quality standards
- Participate in the software development efforts ("coach player")
- Collaborate with other functions on the team, including Product Management, Design and Operations to identify and prioritize features
- Develop and maintain work plans for the team, including defining goals, milestones, and deliverables
- Lead the hiring process for new team members, including recruiting, interviewing, and onboarding
- Mentor and develop team members, helping them reach their full potential
- Review code and provide feedback to ensure that it meets the highest quality standards
- Stay up-to-date with the latest relevant trends and technologies (such as AR) , and incorporate them into our product as appropriate
Who are you?
- 5+ years of experience in iOS software engineering, with at least 2 years in a leadership or management role
- Strong technical skills, with a deep understanding of software development best practices
- Proactive and has a natural sense of urgency
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills
- Experience with XR/AR technologies, such as ARKit or ARCore
- Entrepreneurial background