We are on a mission to create homes people love through beautifully designed products that introduce dramatic innovation in ease of use. We are also one of the largest and fastest-growing startups in the home space in the US, and just crossed $200M in run rate.
Our core brand (Mixtiles) is the world’s easiest way to decorate a room in minutes with your favorite memories. Using simple yet powerful software, the entire experience is super easy - pick photos, customize your design (frames, filters, matting, etc.) and we ship them right to your door.
Mixtiles grew to $150M in annual revenue over the last 7 years and serves over 3M happy customers. We’re expanding our product portfolio to cover all major existing photos-on-wall use cases (layouts, sizes, materials, etc.) and creative use cases based on modern visual AI breakthroughs.
In 2021 we launched a brand of self-watering plants called easyplant - beautiful, live indoor plants potted in our innovative self-watering pots. Easyplant is scaling fast and in 2023 will likely become the largest online indoor plants player in the US.
Our unaided brand preference is still only 2-3% of the US population. Our touchpoints with users and customers (ads, social media, email, package, etc.) are very transactional in nature. They don’t do a good job of building long-term engagement and trust.
This leads us to be highly dependent on performance marketing for our growth. We believe there is a real opportunity to create a more convincing story around Mixtiles, that ties together both the functional and emotional aspects of the product.
Grow Mixtiles’ unaided brand preference from 2% to 10% leading to $100M of organic revenue within 3 years
Areas of Responsibility
Vertical (direct ownership)
- Develop and scale new upper funnel or organic channels
- Content: create high quality content focused on our products and customers
- Social media
- Create a new and convincing brand story for Mixtiles
- Develop a messaging strategy and visual identity to support our story
- Collaborate with our creative, media, and product teams to implement the new brand story in all of our existing touchpoints that currently reach 100M people per year
- Own customer research and represent “the voice of the customer” in all strategic decisions
Required Background & Skills
- At least 5 years of marketing experience at a consumer startup
- Strategic thinker able to turn high level concepts into concrete high impact plans
- Strong operator with a hands on mindset
- Great eye for copy and design (not required: copywriter or designer)
- High empathy and deep understanding of consumer psychology
- Advantage: experience building from scratch a significant revenue stream through content or organic channels