Who are you again?
Mixtiles is on a mission to create homes people love. We started by creating the easiest way to get photos out of your smartphone and onto your walls. Mixtiles manufactures and delivers over a million framed photos every month to happy customers in the US and Europe. If you ask the average American about us, they would probably know us. You should too.
Okay, so you’re really big in selling framed photos, but why do you need tech people?
Sure, Amazon is just an online bookstore. Uber is just an app of a cab station. What makes every great tech startup amazing is the unleashing of technology to allow scale. Mixtiles is one of the biggest direct to consumer companies in Israel. We’re developing cool new products for the future of home design (the world’s biggest art marketplace, smart plants, and more). The only way to do it is by building crazy software and using tons of data to make super smart decisions in everything we do. That’s why we need you.
There’s a bunch of cool startups to work for in Tel Aviv. Why are you so special?
- We’re a B2C company of the perfect size: we’re big enough so you will have an impact on a lot of customers, but small enough so you will have a seat at the table. We want people who can help the team make decisions, and feel comfortable to come up with new ideas.
- We have amazing people you could learn from in all our teams: kickass operation managers that make sure our products are manufactured in high quality and shipped on time in 6 factories across the world. In-house art curators that search the world for amazing art. A cinematographer who creates amazing video documentaries about our artists. Industrial designers who are world-class experts on chemical adhesives, cyber software engineers from the top army units we turn into B2C pros. So you are definitely joining a could-be Marvel superheroes franchise, each one with their own (weird) special powers.
- We make people happy and excited: More than 1.5 million people have Mixtiles on their walls, and they love us for it (rated 4.9 in the App Store). You can use our Tel Aviv office free printing station to create Mixtiles that will make your friends and family happy customers as well.
- Great food means a lot to us: that means our office is always packed with food from the best restaurants in town, in addition to a personal credit card for every employee just for food (fuck 10bis). Our office has re-opened for people who are tired of working from home. We have happy hours, weekly lunches and bi-weekly hangouts with amazing food, amazing drinks and most importantly - amazing people.
What kind of person should I be?
Mixtiles is looking for an experienced Senior Data Engineer who will join our team and create new data solutions, maintain existing solutions and be a focal point of all technical aspects of our data activity. As part of this position, you will develop advanced data and analytics solutions to support our analysts and production units with validated and reliable data.
If you have vast experience with data engineering and developing data-supportive applications - join our team!
Goals and areas of responsibility
- Develop and maintain Mixtiles data infrastructure.
- Develop in-house applications for providing self-service tools.
- Develop real-time data applications for production.
- Provide analysts and data scientists technical support related to data infrastructure.
- Design, build and launch new data models and visualizations in production, leveraging common development toolkits.
- Work closely with tech teams on the design and implementation of big data solutions.
- At least 4 years of proven experience with Python - a must.
- Very high level of SQL and data warehouse modeling.
- Experience with 24/7 systems and real-time analytics.
- Experience with big data solutions like BigQuery/Kafka/Kinesis.
- Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB/Redis.
- Experience developing data pipelines with Airflow - an advantage
- Experience in the online industry.
- A./B.Sc. in industrial/information systems engineering, computer science, statistics, or equivalent.