Who are you again?
Mixtiles is on a mission to create homes people love. We started by creating the easiest way to get photos out of your smartphone and onto your walls. Mixtiles manufactures and delivers over a million framed photos every month to happy customers in the US and Europe. If you ask the average American about us, they would probably know us. You should too.
Okay, so you’re really big in selling framed photos, but why do you need tech people?
Sure, Amazon is just an online bookstore. Uber is just an app of a cab station. What makes every great tech startup amazing is the unleashing of technology to allow scale. Mixtiles is one of the biggest direct to consumer companies in Israel. We’re developing cool new products for the future of home design (the world’s biggest art marketplace, smart plants, and more). The only way to do it is by building crazy software and using tons of data to make super smart decisions in everything we do. That’s why we need you.
There’s a bunch of cool startups to work for in Tel Aviv. Why are you so special?
- We’re a B2C company of the perfect size: we’re big enough so you will have an impact on a lot of customers, but small enough so you will have a seat at the table. We want people who can help the team make decisions, and feel comfortable to come up with new ideas.
- We have amazing people you could learn from in all our teams: kickass operation managers that make sure our products are manufactured in high quality and shipped on time in 6 factories across the world. In-house art curators that search the world for amazing art. A cinematographer who creates amazing video documentaries about our artists. Industrial designers who are world-class experts on chemical adhesives, cyber software engineers from the top army units we turn into B2C pros. So you are definitely joining a could-be Marvel superheroes franchise, each one with their own (weird) special powers.
- We make people happy and excited: More than 1.5 million people have Mixtiles on their walls, and they love us for it (rated 4.9 in the App Store). You can use our Tel Aviv office free printing station to create Mixtiles that will make your friends and family happy customers as well.
- Great food means a lot to us: that means our office is always packed with food from the best restaurants in town, in addition to a personal credit card for every employee just for food (fuck 10bis). Our office has re-opened for people who are tired of working from home. We have happy hours, weekly lunches and bi-weekly hangouts with amazing food, amazing drinks and most importantly - amazing people.
You win. I’m hooked. How can I fit in the dev team?
Our engineering team is divided into autonomous squads, each fully responsible for its business domain. As a Fullstack Engineer, you will have full end-to-end ownership of every project or feature you take, working closely with product managers and designers within the team. We work in a CI / CD environment and use the best technologies around, including React, Node, Python, and Swift.
What kind of person should I be?
Positive - Startups are hard. We want people who thrive in tough situations, and see the way forward.
You Love Engineering - You think, like us, that software has endless potential. You want to be part of the best engineering team in the world.
High Energy Person - You want to move mountains, you’re not just coming to work, you want to have impact.
Team Player - You think the best work is done by teams of dedicated people, and you love collaborating, learning from others and sharing your knowledge.
Owner - You want to take projects from a to z. You think and act on behalf of the entire company, not just yourself or your team.
Striving for Excellence - Whatever you do, you want to be the best at it. “Good enough” is not good enough for you.
Transparent - You believe in communicating openly, you don’t worry about your views will be perceived, you believe in the long term being yourself and speaking freely is a better way to live life.
What do you need from me?
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer, which include:
3+ years of backend development experience
1+ years of full-stack development experience
- Experience in leading large engineering projects
Obviously, if you don’t have one of these but still think you’re a perfect fit, let’s talk!
If it sounds like we’re a match - apply here, or shoot us an email to: email@example.com