Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for a great Operations Data Analyst to take full ownership of our data and analysis in the Operations team, and to move the needle for the entire company by doing high-quality work in terms of answering tough questions, improving our decision making, and surfacing insights we didn’t know before.
Why do we even need an Operations Analyst and what do we have to offer?
- Mixtiles is one of the biggest B2C startups in Israel, selling tens of millions of dollars a year
- Our Operations Team manages 5 factories around the world, with hundreds of workers, and ships over a million Mixtiles each month to over a hundred countries
- Our Operations Team is the backbone of the company. We make sure every order is prepared, shipped, and arrives on time
- Our Operations Team and its culture of operational excellence have been one of the key drivers to the company’s growth and profitability
- The problem is that today, our operation grew so much it’s become really data-intensive, and although we’re not bad at it, we think it deserves a lot of focus from the best people out there
- And for that, we need someone really great to join us and to help us rock the world, do amazing work and have lots of fun in the process
Areas of responsibility:
Own the data: Own every analysis, dashboard, report, KPI chart the team relies on or shares with the company. Get to know the entire company’s data intimately so you can answer any question quickly and reliably.
What would success look like? Whenever we have a question, it’s easy for you to answer, and the answer arrives fast and is 100% accurate. Our dashboards are always accurate and focus on the right metrics.
Improve our decision making: Operation is a team where decision-making is crucial - every decision we make can be pivotal for the next 6-12 months, we better get it right. This is where you come in - surfacing the right data at the right time can be the difference between success and failure. Modeling a decision correctly in a spreadsheet so we make the right decision.
What would success look like? Relevant data is presented at every decision point. We have crisp models turning difficult decisions into simple ones. We feel that we’re making consistently better and better decisions because of it.
Proactively help achieve team goals using data: We believe some of our best ideas come from insights we get from analyzing our data. You’re in charge of continuously utilizing the data to come up with initiatives that will help us reach our goals.
What type of person are we looking for?
- Sharp analytical skills
- At least 3 years as a Product/ Business/ Data analyst
- Proficient in Excel/Google Sheets
- Expert at Data Visualisation
- Great SQL- big advantage
- Degree in Physics/Mathematics/Statistics/Information Systems or equivalent
- Psychometric test >730 – a big advantage
- Great at communicating results of the analysis in simple business language
What kind of person are you?
You’re driven, transparent, and always strive for excellence. You love working closely in a team and great at communicating. You’re an owner - whenever you do something, you do it 100%.
In addition to being highly analytical, you have great common sense, you’re detail-oriented, and you’re a problem solver. You’re great at taking complicated domains and modeling them in a simple way, making the right decisions pop-up almost effortlessly.