What do leaders like Amazon, BMW, United Nations, Stripe, Clorox, and Microsoft have in common? They all use Mixpanel to power their product and user analytics.
Mixpanel is a leading SaaS technology company that’s looking for motivated, smart, self-starters to help us take the company to its next level of growth. As companies look to build better products and addictive digital experiences, they use Mixpanel to understand how people are using their mobile, web, and internet connected devices. Mixpanel’s platform takes user digital actions and translates them into insights. End users can easily drill down and find answers themselves without SQL and shortcut their data exploration process by digging into Mixpanel’s machine learning-driven insights.
Our mission is to help the world learn from its data, and we are helping 20,000+ companies and counting. Mixpanel doesn’t just share real-time insights, we also help companies act on them - be it through Mixpanel’s messaging platform or partner’s 3rd party tools.
Mixpanel achieved true profitability in February 2012 and is backed by top investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, and Y Combinator.
- Own the Lifecyle Marketing strategy & business
- Measure and be accountable for all lifecycle efforts (similar to a general manager).
- Continuously drive improvement of metrics by building new programs that improve our retention & renewal/upsell numbers.
- Understand root causes of why customers are not being retained and work cross-functionally to execute on new programs.
- Drive the success of Lifecycle programs through constant experimentation & iteration
- Build out your team’s cross-functional prioritization list through a deep understanding of customer needs, best practices, and what the data tells you.
- Continually test new ideas and refine current ones to hit the metrics you set. Use the scientific method to quickly build, measure, and learn from new initiatives.
- Be the expert on Mixpanel post-sales customer pain points & the ideal customer journey
- Map out the ideal customer journey by role and industry. Understand where there are gaps and shortcomings and continue to refine this map based on new customer, competitor, and market data.
- Build out a new model for how Mixpanel guides new users through the ideal customer journey path and automate course corrections through a combination of tools (email, in product, notifications) and in-person (Customer Success Manager) touchpoints.
- Develop world-class content & marketing to continually improve customer product adoption and CLTV
- Understand customer use cases & build supporting content with our marketing and design teams to onboard, educate, and grow current customers into loyal, referring advocates.
- Content can include teaser videos, in-product onboarding flows, online role based learning paths, or...whatever new idea you can think of!
What We Are Looking For
- Analytical wizard: You have a growth mindset and constantly want to dig into the data and understand how we can improve.
- Creative problem solver: You don’t get bogged down by big challenges. You love tackling them head-on and look for creative solutions to meet audacious goals.
- Experiment-minded entrepreneur: You enjoy testing new ideas and seeing what works and what doesn’t so you can continually iterate to improve the business.
- Strong team player: This role requires a lot of cross-functional collaboration with Product, Customer Success, Business Operations, Content Marketing, Design, and Engineering. You are capable of being both a leader and a participant for critical cross-organizational efforts.
- Scrappy: The Product Marketing team (where this role reports) is lean and scrappy. You enjoy getting a lot done without tons of resources and you’re proud of your resourcefulness.
- Humble: You are a rockstar, but I wouldn’t know it by your words, only your actions.
- Communications ace: You easily translate your data-driven insights into actionable recommendations and can galvanize a team to help you execute your vision.
- Self-starter: You’re a quick learner, organized, and self-motivated with the ability to define goals and prioritize work based on what’s most impactful to the business.
Why join Mixpanel?
- We were valued at $865M by Andreessen-Horowitz in 2014, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. We're the clear market leader in the product analytics space, with 11x more market share than the next competitor, according to 3rd party, Datanyze.
- We're in a pivotal phase of the company, where we're looking for smart, collaborative, motivated people to roll up their sleeves and help us build out the next phase of company growth, pre-IPO.
- The opportunity to join a company like Mixpanel doesn’t present itself often -- you have the opportunity to establish the lifecycle marketing capability from the ground up and join a scrappy but impactful team while contributing directly to company strategy.
- You'll love working at Mixpanel if you enjoy being in a fun environment where the team helps each other grow and learn.
- In addition to free lunches and dinners, the team does regular happy hours, team outings, and an annual Ski trip!
- With offices in Seattle, Salt Lake City, New York, San Francisco, and London, you'll get to collaborate, travel, and work with teams & customers across the globe.