Mixpanel's Security Engineering team ensures that we're secure, from top to bottom. We are looking for a Security Engineer to help drive improvements to both our production and corporate security. You will help us move faster and factor security into our systems from the outset of the design process.
This is a high impact role on a high-scale system. Mixpanel customers send us hundreds of megabytes of critical business data every second. You will help us continue to earn this trust on an ongoing basis. Additionally, as we sell to larger, enterprise customers, meeting the highest compliance standards for data security and privacy is becoming a key product feature.
- Secure access to our production services for deployment, configuration and debugging
- Lead Work with engineers to design and implementation of new security features for our products
- Work with Mixpanel teams to evangelize security and implement pragmatic processes to meet both our security and business goals
- Organize and conduct security reviews of sensitive Mixpanel corporate and production infrastructure
- Periodically coordinate with penetration testing partners to test our systems
- Drive company-wide initiatives to meet compliance standards like GDPR and GLBA
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of security engineering work experience
- Experience with at least one programming language, preferably with one or more of Go, C, C++ or Python
- In-depth knowledge of system and network security, including cryptography, authentication protocols, intrusion detection systems, firewalls and VPNs
- Ability to effectively explain security concepts and technologies
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- We are all down for the cause (DFTC), and we are all here to make Mixpanel a success. There is no job too big or too small for anyone, and we’re always happy to lend a hand to one another
- We practice rapid iteration. From our code to our kitchen we make constant incremental changes – every day presents a new challenge, and we’re always ready to find a new solution
- We are problem-solvers and we embrace constant change; we are fiercely proud of this
- We are life-long learners. We come to work and expect to learn something new every day.
Mixpanel helps businesses build better products with the most advanced analytics software for mobile and web. With almost 20,000 customers worldwide and 14% of the Fortune 500, Mixpanel has earned a reputation for creating a delightful customer experience and an innovative approach to analytics. Today, we analyze over 30 Trillion actions every single day.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records