At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company, but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Samsung, Twitter, and BMW. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, Paris, Amsterdam and Singapore.
About the role:
Mixpanel's Information Security team ensures that we're secure, from top to bottom. We are looking for an Information Security Analyst with a deep understanding of cloud and container architecture and application security to help drive improvements in detecting possible security incidents, responding to incidents and reaching root cause analysis to prevent further incidents.
This is a high impact role on a high-scale system. Mixpanel customers send us hundreds of megabytes of critical business data every second. You will help us continue to earn our customers’ trust on an ongoing basis.
- Help develop Mixpanel’s next-generation SIEM
- Build content, tune, monitor, and provide real-time security analysis of SIEM alerts drawn from a variety of platforms
- Analyze security incidents to determine root cause and make recommendations to prevent recurrence
- Perform incident handling and incident response operations
- Develop and maintain our vulnerability management solution and work with engineering teams to resolve discovered vulnerabilities
- Develop playbooks for the repeatable response to common SIEM alerts or vulnerability findings
We’re looking for someone with:
- 4+ years of experience in security analysis, incident handling and vulnerability assessment or management
- Prefer 2 + years of security experience in public cloud and cloud containers
- Strong experience with Linux and MacOS operating system security
- Experience with vulnerability scanning platforms such as OpenVAS or Nessus
- In-depth knowledge of system and network security concepts and tools including SIEM, vulnerability scanners, cryptography, authentication/SSO, intrusion detection systems, and firewalls
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends, and/or holiday shifts in the event of an incident response emergency
- Preference to candidates with security certifications such as GCIH, GCIA, GMON, GCDA
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.