At Mixpanel, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation. Not only as a company, but for the businesses we serve. Through our analytics platform, companies can analyze how and why their users engage, convert, and retain in real time across web, mobile, and smart devices. Then they can use that data to improve their business and products.
Mixpanel serves over 26,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Samsung, Twitter, and BMW. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, Paris, Amsterdam and Singapore.
About the role:
Mixpanel's Information Security team ensures that we're secure, from top to bottom. We are looking for a Lead Information Security Engineer to help drive improvements to our production, development, and corporate security and privacy. You will help us move faster and factor security into our systems from the outset of the design process.
This is a high impact role on a high-scale system. Mixpanel customers send us hundreds of megabytes of critical business data every second. You will help us continue to earn this trust on an ongoing basis. Additionally, as we sell to larger, enterprise customers, meeting the highest compliance standards for data security and privacy is becoming a key product feature.
- Secure access to our production services for deployment, configuration and debugging
- Lead work with engineers to design and implement new security features for our products
- Work with Mixpanel teams to evangelize security and implement pragmatic processes to meet our security, privacy, and business goals
- Organize and conduct security reviews of sensitive Mixpanel corporate and production infrastructure
- Periodically coordinate with penetration testing partners to test our systems
- Drive company-wide initiatives to meet compliance standards like GDPR and SOC 2
We’re looking for someone with:
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of IC information security engineering work experience
- Proficiency with at least one programming language, preferably with one or more of Go, C, C++ or Python
- In-depth knowledge of system and network security, including cryptography, authentication protocols, intrusion detection systems, firewalls, VPNs, and privacy
- Ability to effectively explain security concepts and technologies
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven track record of effectively leading teams
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.