About the Role
We are looking for a talented, passionate, and self-motivated researcher to join our Product Marketing team at Mixpanel. Your job will be to ensure our products and services are useful, innovative, and delightful and that we’re helping our sales and customer-facing teams succeed with customers.
Strong candidates will have empathy and interest in people, be exceptional at analysis and be adept at both qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Do customer surveys to measure and understand the ROI impact of Mixpanel.
- Help the team gather feedback on product Betas, new product functionality, and new pricing and service plans with the goal of turning research into action.
- Design and execute:
- Qualitative research projects to support marketing, product, and cross-functional teams on a wide variety of domains, including customer needs, segmentation, buyer persona development, new product ideas, partner priorities, and customer communications.
- In-house surveys and larger quantitative projects as needed. These include sales surveys and customer surveys to measure how Mixpanel and internal teams are doing.
- Effectively turn insights from customers and sales feedback into actionable recommendations.
Who You Are:
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience with research projects in a professional environment, preferably in a technology company or research consulting firm.
- Relevant experience in exploratory and 3rd party market research analysis. This could include a background in analytical or insights focused fields like economics, marketing, psychology, or statistics.
- A track record of successfully leading or co-leading both deep dive and ad hoc research.
- Communication and presentation skills:
- Translating research data and findings into actionable insights
- Strong storytelling, data visualization, and presentation skills
- Research & Analysis skills:
- Demonstrated ability in designing and leading qualitative fieldwork
- Familiarity with digital research and survey tools
- A willingness to get your hands dirty and recruit participants personally.
- Strong knowledge in analytical tools like SQL, Excel and/or other data manipulation tools (if not already, a willingness to quickly learn on the job)
- Ability to take data dumps and connect the dots to move teams toward actionable insights and recommendations.
- Value process and rigor but thrive on creative problem solving and hybrid research approaches.
- You have attention to detail and are highly organized.
- You are a self-starter who takes initiative to build programs and deliver analysis before it’s asked for.
- You can balance the need for quick turnaround with longer-term strategic efforts and are able to multitask in a fast-paced work environment.
- You have strong teamwork and collaboration skills (e.g., could manage a project with a 3rd-party vendor and are able to work both externally with partners and customers as well as internally with every team.)
- You have a client-responsive, customer service mindset; this is a role that blends analytical acumen with interpersonal skill.
- We are all down for the cause (DFTC), and we are all here to make Mixpanel a success. There is no job too big or too small for anyone, and we’re always happy to lend a hand to one another.
- We practice rapid iteration. From our code to our kitchen we make constant incremental changes – every day presents a new challenge, and we’re always ready to find a new solution.
- We are problem-solvers and we embrace constant change; we are fiercely proud of this.
- We are lifelong learners. We come to work and expect to learn something new everyday.
Why join Mixpanel?
- We were valued at $865M by Andreessen-Horowitz in 2014, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. We're the clear market leader in the product analytics space, with 11x more market share than the next competitor, according to 3rd party, Datanyze.
- We're in a pivotal phase of the company, where we're looking for smart, collaborative, motivated people to roll up their sleeves and help us build out the next phase of company growth, pre-IPO.
- The opportunity to join a company like Mixpanel doesn’t present itself often -- you have the opportunity to establish the product marketing capability from the ground up with a scrappy but impactful team and contribute directly to company strategy.
- You'll love working at Mixpanel if you enjoy being in a fun environment where the team helps each other grow and learn.
- In addition to free lunches and dinners, the team does regular happy hours, team outings, and an annual Ski trip!
- With offices in Seattle, Salt Lake City, New York, San Francisco, and London, you'll get to collaborate, travel, and work with teams & customers across the globe.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.