Mixpanel is the market leader in delivering analytics platform for mobile & web. We help our customers analyze and understand the actions that people take in their applications and our mission is to help the world learn from its data.
We enable companies to build better products by diving deep into data, uncovering meaningful insights into product usage, conversion rates, and user retention. Today, we currently analyze over 50 billion actions every month from our customers.
About the Role
We are looking for an analytically minded, ambitious professional to join our Business Operations team. Business Operations sits at the cross-roads of Mixpanel’s teams, driving insights from the data and seeking solutions to accelerate growth.
As Business Operations Analyst, you will conduct research and lead in-depth analysis to help set the strategic direction for Mixpanel. You will use a mix of business knowledge, financial modeling and statistical insight to identify areas for growth, synthesize recommendations, and assist in the implementation of improvements.
What you will do
- Build analytical models to help support decision-making and be a go-to for ad-hoc analysis needs
- Develop and improve internal processes, optimizing for strategic business outcomes
- Drive accountability for business outcomes through KPI monitoring and review
- Assist in development of QBR and Board Meeting materials
- Specific projects are varied, but some examples include:
- Define target verticals based on analysis of historical successes
- Develop quantitative understanding of Mixpanel buyers
- Increase visibility into how buyers differ from users of Mixpanel
- Analyze root cause behind customer churn
- Model impacts of pricing changes upon current and potential customers
- Forecast performance of sales teams
- Use Mixpanel trends data to create interesting market insights
- Analyze customer behavior to identify optimal times for upsell
- Create methodologies to prioritize product improvements
- 2+ years previous work experience in similar roles (consulting, business operations, private equity, etc.)
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities
- Quick learner with the ability to solve problems independently or with little guidance
- Willing to work in a highly demanding and results-oriented team environment
- Passionate about data management and the importance of data integrity
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Motivation, drive and a self-starting attitude
- Familiarity with manipulating data from various systems and multiple methods of research
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity or quick study with SQL, Mixpanel, CRM and other systems of record
Why join Mixpanel?
- We were valued at $865mm by Andreessen-Horowitz in 2014, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. We're the clear market leader in the product analytics space, with 11x more market share than the next competitor, according to Datanyze.
- Our mission is to help the world learn from its data, and we are helping 20,000+ companies and counting, including Amazon, Salesforce, Microsoft, iRobot, The United Nations, and more!
- We enjoy working in a collaborative environment where we help each other grow and learn
Throughout the interview process, a common question we get is: "So, what's Mixpanel's culture like?"
- Data driven - we're an analytics company and so we live and breathe by what the numbers tell us. We try to measure everything - it's who we are!
- Transparency - we strive to be really open and upfront with how we build our company. For example, the whole company knows how much revenue we make at any time.
- Speed is really important at Mixpanel. Being fast is an essential part of every experience at Mixpanel: from building products to finding solutions to customer problems to responding to potential new hires.
- Customer experience - our hope is to have the best customer support experience in the world. We'll do anything for our customers.
- Geeky - we're geeky people so don't be surprised when you come in.
- Education - we believe a big reason people quit their jobs is that they've stopped learning. Our goal is to provide resources for people in our company to keep challenging themselves and to be able to learn new things every day.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.