Senior Sales Operations Analyst
Mixpanel is the most advanced analytics platform for mobile & web. We help our customers analyze and understand the actions that people take in their applications and our mission is to help the world learn from its data. Today, we currently analyze over 34 billion actions every single month from our customers.
We are looking for an analytically minded, ambitious professional to join our Sales Operations team. As a member of the Sales Operations team, you will have the unique opportunity to guide and implement sales strategy at a high growth, analytically-driven start-up.
What you will do
- Working closely with finance team execute and manage sales compensation plans, sales incentive programs
- In charge of territory management and assignment/adjustment, working closely with sales managers to drive effective territory allocation among their reps.
- Setup, maintain, sales quotas and tracking/resolving compensation related to those quotas.
- Deal with day-to-day queries from Sales, Sales Development and customer success teams on the CRM system, territories, quota/sales compensation inquiries and generic sales operating procedures
- Build analytical models to help support decision-making for all go-to-market teams and be the go-to for any ad-hoc analysis needed for the organization
- 3+ years previous work experience in sales operations or similar roles (consulting, business operations, private equity, etc.)
- Experience with sales territory planning and management, sales compensation
- Knowledge and experience of Xactly and Salesforce
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Salesforce reporting, SQL
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills and ability to follow-through
- Quick learner with the ability to solve problems independently
- Willing to work in a highly demanding and result-oriented team environment
- 4 years experience in similar roles
- Xactly and Salesforce administrator
- 2 years experience presenting your findings and recommendations to others
- Master’s degree in business related subjects
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Motivation, drive and a self-starting attitude
- Outstanding time management with strong organizational skills
Why join Mixpanel?
- Mixpanel is ventured-backed by some of the biggest names in the investing world, we’ve raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia and YC, Marc Benioff, Max Levchin and Keith Rabois. We’ve seen tremendous growth over the last few years and we’re set to continue that trend.
- We're the clear market leader in the product analytics space, a category we defined, with 11x more market share than the next competitor, according to Datanyze. Our mission is to help the world learn from its data, and we help over 20,000 companies do that every day, including Amazon, Salesforce, Microsoft, iRobot, The United Nations, and more!
- We are a team of 250+ highly collaborative professionals working together every day to help each other grow and learn. As a data-centric organization, we provide ample opportunity for our team to have an impact on every aspect of our business, big or small, no idea is a bad idea, just bring the data to back it up.
- If you’re looking for your next challenge and love to make an impact, please apply. If you’re looking to be another cog in the wheel of a large machine, we may not be the best fit.
Throughout the interview process, a common question we get is: "So, what's Mixpanel's culture like?"
- Data driven - we're an analytics company and so we live and breathe by what the numbers tell us. We try to measure everything - it's who we are!
- Transparency - we strive to be really open and upfront with how we build our company. For example, the whole company knows how much revenue we make at any time.
- Speed is really important at Mixpanel. Being fast is an essential part of every experience at Mixpanel: from building products to finding solutions to customer problems to responding to potential new hires.
- Customer experience - our hope is to have the best customer support experience in the world. We'll do anything for our customers.
- Geeky - we're geeky people so don't be surprised when you come in.
- Education - we believe a big reason people quit their jobs is because they've stopped learning. Our goal is to provide resources for people in our company to keep challenging themselves and to be able to learn new things every day.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
FLSA Status: exempt