Design at Mixpanel
We have a small Communication Design team, who is responsible for helping our current and potential customers understand our products and mission. We design all user-facing communication including: product marketing, brand campaigns, user education, and demand generation – all of which span a variety of digital and physical media.
As a member of the team, you will work closely with partners across the company to develop creative campaigns that tell a compelling story. As we increase our marketing and customer outreach efforts, we will be experimenting in new spaces and media, and there will be a lot of room for you to collaborate on direction. Some projects might be fast experiments to learn what works, while others will be long running and give you a lot of room to explore different kinds of content and styles.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate designer with a background in brand design and/or digital marketing. You are a conceptual thinker who can bring your ideas to life in new and inspiring ways across a variety of media. You have a strong point of view on design, and when you decide to make something, you see your vision from concept to launch without any hand-holding.
- Working closely with cross-functional teams to envision and execute on key campaigns
- Partnering with and mentoring other members of the team. We believe everyone has something to learn and something to share.
- Presenting your work to teammates and stakeholders to gain buy-in on your ideas.
- Helping develop and then working within our design language that helps us ensure we are always true to our brand.
- Support internal and external communication efforts by developing marketing and sales collateral, websites, and other media.
- Manage and prioritize multiple design projects at once.
What we value:
- Intentionality – You understand the goals of your work and can explain the rationale behind your design decisions.
- Clear, creative, and inspiring style – Your work is well executed, continually evolving, and expresses the brand cohesively and consistently.
- Ability to be self-directed & OK with ambiguity – You enjoy being in a situation where you don’t know the answer, and are driven to try and figure it out, even if it means going outside your comfort zone and making mistakes.
- Learning from each other – You have skills to share and enjoy teaching others what you know, even if it’d be quicker to do it yourself. And you feel the same about skills you need to work on.
- 4+ years of experience in brand design and/or digital marketing.
- Interest in owning your vision and seeing it through from concept to launch.
- Open and collaborative attitude and ability to work across teams.
Mixpanel is the most advanced product analytics platform for mobile & web. We enable companies to build better products by diving deep into data, uncovering meaningful insights into product usage, conversion rates, and user retention. Today, we analyze over 30 Trillion actions every single day.
Why join Mixpanel?
We were valued at $865mm by Andreessen-Horowitz in 2014, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. We're the clear market leader in the product analytics space, with 11x more market share than the next competitor, according to Datanyze.
Our mission is to help the world learn from its data, and we are helping 20,000+ companies and counting, including Amazon, Salesforce, Microsoft, iRobot, The United Nations, and more!
We enjoy working in a collaborative environment where we help each other grow and learn
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records