Mixpanel helps businesses build better products with the most advanced analytics software for mobile and web. With almost 20,000 customers worldwide and 14% of the Fortune 500, Mixpanel has earned a reputation for creating a delightful customer experience and an innovative approach to analytics. We have a small Communication Design team, who is responsible for helping our current and potential customers understand our products and mission. We design all user-facing communication including: product marketing, brand campaigns, user education, and demand generation – all of which span a variety of digital and physical media.
About the role:
As a member of the team, you will work closely with partners across the company to develop creative campaigns that tell a compelling story. As we increase our marketing and customer outreach efforts, we will be experimenting in new spaces and media, and there will be a lot of room for you to collaborate on direction. Some projects might be fast experiments to learn what works, while others will be long running and give you a lot of room to explore different kinds of content and styles. We are looking for an experienced and passionate designer with a background in brand design and/or digital marketing. You are a conceptual thinker who can bring your ideas to life in new and inspiring ways across a variety of media. You have a strong point of view on design, and when you decide to make something, you see your vision from concept to launch without any hand-holding.
What we value:
- Intentionality – You understand the goals of your work and can explain the rationale behind your design decisions.
- Clear, creative, and inspiring style – Your work is well executed, continually evolving, and expresses the brand cohesively and consistently.
- Ability to be self-directed & OK with ambiguity – You enjoy being in a situation where you don’t know the answer, and are driven to try and figure it out, even if it means going outside your comfort zone and making mistakes.
- Learning from each other – You have skills to share and enjoy teaching others what you know, even if it’d be quicker to do it yourself. And you feel the same about skills you need to work on.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has 4+ years of experience in brand design and/or digital marketing.
- Interest in owning your vision and seeing it through from concept to launch.
- Open and collaborative attitude and ability to work across teams.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the analytics space, Mixpanel received funding by world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design,and customer service. Mixpanel has a rapidly growing team of 250+ in our offices in San Francisco, New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, and London.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records