Mixpanel is a product analytics platform that lets anyone in an organization better understand each user’s journey. We aim to put data directly into the hands of product managers, developers, designers, and anyone else involved in the product development process. Our goal is to help our customers learn from it’s data, and make well informed decisions quickly and with confidence.
Our product, however, only gives us one side of the puzzle, and we value qualitative data just as highly. As our first User Experience Researcher, you will be responsible for helping us bring more rigor to our current research processes, and building a research framework to inspire exploration and evaluate design. And by working closely with the product team, your insights will directly impact the direction of the product.
As a small team working on a growing product, we will be relying on you to help us understand how people approach data, how we can help them answer more and more complex questions, and ultimately improve their product’s experience across the board. You will do research that varies in approach, scale, scope, timeframe and research methodologies – ranging from conceiving and implementing large-scale ethnographic studies to running quick usability tests.
- 3+ years experience in applied product research.
- Command of a broad set of qualitative and user-centered design methods, the knowledge of when to use them, and how they fit into the design and the product development process.
- Solid sense of defining all aspects of research including sampling, methodology, survey and discussion instruments.
- Creativity in designing research that allows you to generate useful data in a timely fashion, and within the sometimes constrained resources of a startup.
- Strong sense of project management, independence, and comfort marshalling resources, managing timelines and getting things done.
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions.
- Comfortable in a flat, fast-moving organization focused on shipping products.
- Ability to incite teams to action as a result of research by being proactive, developing relationships, and communicating insights in compelling ways.
- Clear articulation of ideas across mediums, so that findings are disseminated broadly and can form the basis for ongoing institutional knowledge.
- Degree in HCI, Psychology, Social Science or a related field preferred
Why join Mixpanel?
We were valued at $865mm by Andreessen-Horowitz in 2014, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. We're the clear market leader in the product analytics space, with 11x more market share than the next competitor, according to Datanyze.
Our mission is to help the world learn from its data, and we are helping 20,000+ companies and counting, including Amazon, Salesforce, Microsoft, iRobot, The United Nations, and more!
We enjoy working in a collaborative environment where we help each other grow and learn
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records