Mixpanel helps businesses build better products with the most advanced analytics software for mobile and web. With almost 20,000 customers worldwide and 14% of the Fortune 500, Mixpanel has earned a reputation for creating a delightful customer experience and an innovative approach to analytics. Our product, however, only gives us one side of the puzzle, and we value qualitative data just as highly. As our first User Experience Researcher, you will be responsible for helping us bring more rigor to our current research processes, and building a research framework to inspire exploration and evaluate design. And by working closely with the product team, your insights will directly impact the direction of the product.
About the role:
As a small team working on a growing product, we will be relying on you to help us understand how people approach data, how we can help them answer more and more complex questions, and ultimately improve their product’s experience across the board. You will do research that varies in approach, scale, scope, timeframe and research methodologies – ranging from conceiving and implementing large-scale ethnographic studies to running quick usability tests.
We’re looking for someone who:
- 3+ years experience in applied product research.
- Command of a broad set of qualitative and user-centered design methods, the knowledge of when to use them, and how they fit into the design and the product development process.
- Solid sense of defining all aspects of research including sampling, methodology, survey and discussion instruments.
- Creativity in designing research that allows you to generate useful data in a timely fashion, and within the sometimes constrained resources of a startup.
- Strong sense of project management, independence, and comfort marshalling resources, managing timelines and getting things done.
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions.
- Comfortable in a flat, fast-moving organization focused on shipping products.
- Ability to incite teams to action as a result of research by being proactive, developing relationships, and communicating insights in compelling ways.
- Clear articulation of ideas across mediums, so that findings are disseminated broadly and can form the basis for ongoing institutional knowledge.
- Degree in HCI, Psychology, Social Science or a related field preferred
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the analytics space, Mixpanel received funding by world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design,and customer service. Mixpanel has a rapidly growing team of 250+ in our offices in San Francisco, New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, and London.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records