Mixpanel is the most advanced analytics platform for mobile and web. Our mission is to help the world learn from its data. With Mixpanel, companies can understand how people use their mobile applications and web-based products to grow their business. Every app has unique insights that can determine success—Mixpanel is the analytics platform to uncover and act on those insights. We have more than 4,000 customers and 372 million users analyzing 60 billion events. Mixpanel achieved true profitability in February 2012 and is backed by top investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, and Y Combinator.
About the role
Our Sales Engineers are critical in presenting the value of Mixpanel’s capabilities to a broad set of prospects. As we continue to grow our Sales organization, Sales Engineers will be collaborating with Account Executives as a trusted advisor to customers working to tie Mixpanel’s solutions to their business needs. Our SEs need to be nimble, able to clearly articulate the technical benefits and requirements of Mixpanel to developers and product managers, and express the value of our product to high-level executives.
In the first month, you will become a Mixpanel expert on both features and functionality as well as implementation. You will be given the opportunity to shadow customer calls and demos with current Sales Engineers and Account Executives while learning how to articulate our value proposition. You will be trained on Mixpanel’s internal systems and tools in order to be set up for success.
Within the first three months, you will be directly involved in deal cycles with Enterprise and Strategic Account Executives. You will be leading the technical qualification for customer’s use cases as well as delivering customized demos for prospects. You will have a clear understanding of how Mixpanel is implemented across all platforms and be able to guide customers towards the right solution for their needs. The SE will be critical in setting expectations for successful Mixpanel implementations and prepare both internal and external teams for long-term success.
- Partner with Account Executives to drive revenue growth by serving as the key technical contact for the customer.
- Develop relationships and uncover the needs of key technical stakeholders within your assigned book of business.
- Approach all deals with a customer-first mentality.
- Complete RFP’s and Security Questionnaires.
- Work cross-functionally with different organizations such as Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Product, Engineering and Legal.
- Actively utilize Salesforce to track deal activity and customer requirements.
- Be the “Voice of the Prospect” by collecting feedback from potential Mixpanel customers and delivering to the Product team.
- 3-5 years of experience in a SaaS Sales Engineering or related role.
- You have experience delivering product demonstrations to C-level Executives.
- You have the ability and desire to learn independently.
- You have experience (preferred) or curiosity in the data and analytics space.
- Ability to travel.
We were valued at $865mm by Andreessen-Horowitz in 2014, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. We're the clear market leader in the product analytics space, with 11x more market share than the next competitor, according to Datanyze.
Our mission is to help the world learn from its data, and we are helping 20,000+ companies and counting, including Amazon, Salesforce, Microsoft, iRobot, The United Nations, and more!
We enjoy working in a collaborative environment where we help each other grow and learn
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
FLSA Status: exempt
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records