Why Join Mixpanel?
Mixpanel is ventured-backed by some of the biggest names in the investing world, we’ve raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia and YC, Marc Benioff, Max Levchin and Keith Rabois. We’ve seen tremendous growth over the last few years and we’re set to continue that trend.
We're the clear market leader in the product analytics space, a category we defined, with 11x more market share than the next competitor, according to Datanyze. Our mission is to help the world learn from its data, and we help over 20,000 companies do that every day, including Amazon, Salesforce, Microsoft, iRobot, The United Nations, and more!
We are a team of 250+ highly collaborative professionals working together every day to help each other grow and learn. As a data-centric organization, we provide ample opportunity for our team to have an impact on every aspect of our business, big or small, no idea is a bad idea, just bring the data to back it up.
If you’re looking for your next challenge and love to make an impact, please apply. If you’re looking to be another cog in the wheel of a large machine, we may not be the best fit.
About this role
Mixpanel is looking for a smart, driven and technically savvy candidate to fill the role of Associate Sales Engineer to support our growing Commercial Sales team.
Our Sales Engineers are critical in presenting the value of Mixpanel’s capabilities to a broad set of prospects. As we continue to grow our Sales organization, Sales Engineers will be collaborating with Account Executives as a trusted advisor to customers working to tie Mixpanel’s solutions to their business needs. Our SE’s need to be nimble, able to clearly articulate the technical benefits and requirements of Mixpanel to developers and product managers, and express the value of our product to all customer stakeholders.
In the first month, you will become a Mixpanel expert on both features and functionality as well as implementation. You will be given the opportunity to shadow customer calls and demos with current Sales Engineers and Account Executives while learning how to articulate our value proposition. You will be trained on Mixpanel’s internal systems and tools in order to be set up for success.
Within the first three months, you will be directly involved in deal cycles with Commercial Account Executives. You will be leading the technical qualification for customer’s use cases as well as delivering customized demos for prospects. You will have a clear understanding of how Mixpanel is implemented across all platforms and be able to guide customers towards the right solution for their needs. The Sales Engineer will be critical in setting expectations for successful Mixpanel implementations and prepare both internal and external teams for long-term success.
- Partner with Account Executives to drive revenue growth by serving as the key technical contact for the customer.
- Develop relationships and uncover the needs of key technical stakeholders within your assigned book of business.
- Deliver customized product demonstrations to prospects.
- Assist in customer implementation and troubleshooting.
- Approach all deals with a customer-first mentality.
- Complete RFP’s and Security Questionnaires.
- Work cross-functionally with different organizations such as Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Product, Engineering and Legal.
- Actively utilize Salesforce to track deal activity and customer requirements.
- Be the “Voice of the Prospect” by collecting feedback from potential Mixpanel customers and delivering to the Product team.
- 1-3 years of professional experience in a technical role in the software or related industry
- You have experience working with external customers or business partners
- You have the ability and desire to learn independently.
- You have a curiosity for the data and analytics space.
- Ability to travel.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
FLSA Status: exempt
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records