Mixpanel is looking for a full-time sales recruiter. This person will be primarily responsible for building out our early sales team.
Recruiting is the lifeblood of any tech company, and we treat it that way. You will work directly with the founders to grow this team.
What we care about:
- Sourcing quality candidates. In our experience, this is the hardest part of recruiting. Getting someone great to talk to you - and then to get them in the door - is really difficult. We're looking for someone to source like crazy.
- The right person for this role loves sourcing. They love the hunt, the research aspect, the sell -- everything. It's the bread and butter of the role.
- You will also be responsible for managing the interview process for each candidate to make sure they have an excellent experience.
- You have been in a recruiting role for at least a year.
What we don't care about:
- University recruiting. We're just not ready for this yet. We've tried it before, but we have to build out the team a bit more before we can support bringing on people who are fresh out of college.
- Hackathons and going to events. This we have also tried. It's always the same group of people, and everyone is trying to hire them. We think it's a waste of time.
How we work:
- Recruiters are embedded within the team they recruit for. This lets them work closely with the hiring manager and better understand the team they are hiring for.
- We are making a strong push to hire recruiters for every part of the organization.
Why join Mixpanel?
- You won't be Mixpanel's first recruiter so you'll be able to bounce ideas off of other members of the recruiting team.
- Mixpanel is still a small company (40+, 7 in sales), but we are poised for great growth.
- We are profitable, with millions in monthly revenue and over 1800 paying customers.
- Our product is used by companies like Amazon.com, Dropbox, Intuit, OpenTable, and Salesforce.
- We've raised money from top-tier investors: Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia, and Y Combinator.
This is an excellent time to join Mixpanel, and is an excellent opportunity - how often do you get the chance to be the person who built the majority of the sales team at a very successful startup?
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.