Mixpanel is the most advanced analytics platform ever built for mobile and web. We help companies build better products. We have hundreds of thousands of transactions per second, thousands of paying customers, and incredible growth.
Site Reliability Engineering at Mixpanel is a team of hybrid software/systems engineers targeting large-scale advances in operational efficiency and maturity, reliability, automation, and a deeper understanding of the dependencies inherent in our infrastructure. With numerous large clusters in multiple regions across the planet, and with 50 Billion data points flowing in every month, the goal of SRE is to enable continuous growth while decreasing operational overhead and increasing performance, all while maintaining our high levels of reliability and data resilience.
If you’re the kind of person who thrives on the challenge of writing automation, debugging errant services, going deep into the Linux kernel, end-to-end performance tuning, all while serving hundreds of thousands of events every second of every day, we’d love to get to know you.
In this role you will:
- Use your experience as a coder to build tools, services, automation.
- Take charge of performance and reliability measurement, and drive improvements based on data.
- Run critical operational portions of our ingestion, analytics, storage, and serving infrastructure.
- Use your knowledge of open source tools and available services to maintain the highest-levels of uptime across our myriad services, and building the portions that don’t yet exist.
- Own configuration management, monitoring, alerting, data resilience, and critical measurement infrastructure.
- Manage our fleet of clusters, distributed globally.
What we are looking for:
- Solid experience with Linux(we run Ubuntu).
- Solid coding experience, and a passion for solving hard problems through automation and resilient software.
- A hunger for solving not just the symptoms, but the root cause of any issues that arise.
- Industry experience in running a multi-node environment is useful, but your attitude and demonstrable abilities are more important.
What’s in it for you:
A dynamic environment with the smartest group of people (no, seriously…).
Ownership of large, and growing, areas of the engineering infrastructure.
Embed yourself into the heart of our systems and product functions to drive core service improvements.
This position is full-time and located in our San Francisco office.
Want to join?
What's the hardest operations problem you've ever diagnosed and solved? Explain it in your cover letter in as much detail as you would like.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.