Mixpanel is the most advanced analytics platform for mobile and web. Our mission is to help the world learn from its data. With Mixpanel, companies can understand how people use their mobile applications and web-based products to grow their business. Every app has unique insights that can determine success—Mixpanel is the analytics platform to uncover and act on those insights. We have more than 4,000 customers and 372 million users analyzing 60 billion events. Mixpanel achieved true profitability in February 2012 and is backed by top investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, and Y Combinator.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, new tools and systems
- Prepare month-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules for accounting areas including but not limited to fixed assets, accrued expenses, intercompany, internally developed software, etc.
- Assist with a considerable portion of the commissions payout process through Salesforce and Xactly and work directly with Sales Operations to understand comp plans, incentive programs, and sales strategy
- Own month-end overhead and COGS/OPEX Allocations process
- Ensure financials are in accordance with (GAAP) General Accepted Accounting Principles
- Perform fluctuation analysis for monthly reporting deliverables
- Support project managers on project specific items on an ad hoc basis
- Work directly with our external auditors and prepare assigned audit requests
- Identify and implement process improvements, systems integrations, etc. as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited university
- 1-2 years audit experience, plus 1-2 years industry experience (preferably high-tech, Cloud or SaaS)
- Demonstrated ability to drive process improvements and understand process flows, problem-solve, and produce results
- Proven ability to take initiative, work flexibly and with a sense of urgency, set and meet goals and objectives with minimal direct supervision
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Solid computer skills required, including use of spreadsheets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- CPA certification
- Experience with a “Big 4” audit firm will be highly valued
- Experience with Netsuite ERP system
- Experience with SalesForce.com CRM system
- Experience with Xactly and/or working knowledge of commissions process
We were valued at $865mm by Andreessen-Horowitz in 2014, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. We're the clear market leader in the product analytics space, with 11x more market share than the next competitor, according to Datanyze.
Our mission is to help the world learn from its data, and we are helping 20,000+ companies and counting, including Amazon, Salesforce, Microsoft, iRobot, The United Nations, and more!
We enjoy working in a collaborative environment where we help each other grow and learn
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
FLSA Status: exempt
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records