Mixpanel is the most advanced analytics platform ever for mobile and web. We help companies build better products.
Our team of 20 engineers builds and maintains infrastructure responsible for hundreds of thousands of requests per second, distributed across hundreds of servers, and adding tens of billions of data points each month.
The Product Engineering team is composed of full-stack engineers who are responsible for all user-facing parts of Mixpanel: APIs, reporting interfaces, data visualization, and client libraries.
Our engineering culture
- We do very thorough, line-by-line code reviews using GitHub pull requests. This keeps our code quality high and helps us learn.
- We try to have two people work together on every project (collaborating, not pairing). It's more fun and it results in better code.
- We practice rapid iteration. If it's better than live, we ship. We also build things so they can go live (whitelisted) long before launch day.
- We write tests for things that are mission-critical, prone to failure, or cause paranoia. Think billing and datastore code, not Django views.
- We care about learning. Right now we're reading through Advanced Programming in the Unix Environment.
- We are 80% vim, 10% emacs, and 10% IntelliJ.
What we are looking for
- You've built a web application that had real users
- At least 2 years of experience writing software
- Deep understanding of web application architecture and principles
- You care about building great products and take ownership to ensure quality
- Mastery of at least one programming language
- Passion - you have built (and are dying to show us) something you're proud of, outside of work/school
- Strong problem solving ability
- Attention to detail
- You code as fluently as you speak
Why join Mixpanel?
- We have millions in monthly revenue and over 3,000 paying clients.
- We've raised $77M from Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, Max Levchin, Michael/Xochi Birch, Keith Rabois, Y Combinator, Marc Benioff, and David Sacks
- Our product is used by companies like amazon.com, Dropbox, Intuit, OpenTable, and Salesforce
- Competitive salary, full benefits, free daily lunch and dinner, fully stocked kitchen, new office space, company-wide holiday shutdown, Wine Wednesdays, Beer Fridays, Tahoe trips, hundreds of hours of online course through Udemy, monthly Office Hour events, company off-sites, happy hours & the list goes on!
- We hire smart, funny, ambitious, humble people. You will love your coworkers.
Want to join?
What's the hardest thing you have ever built? Explain it in your cover letter in as much detail as you would like.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.