Mixpanel is the market leader in delivering analytics platform for mobile & web. We help our customers analyze and understand the actions that people take in their applications and our mission is to help the world learn from its data.
We enable companies to build better products by diving deep into data, uncovering meaningful insights into product usage, conversion rates, and user retention. Today, we currently analyze over 50 billion actions every month from our customers.
About the Role
The goal of a Mixpanel Inbound Business Development Representative (IBDR) is to assist in achieving corporate revenue objectives by providing world class customer service and sales support. As an IBDR you will be part of a dynamic team that will be performing a dual sales support role.
- Act as a key player in processing and responding to all inbound leads and conduct information gathering to pre-qualify results through phone, email & social media efforts.
- Identify, clean, qualify & route Leads to the corresponding Sales team member
- Follow-up on the substantial volume of leads generated from web visits, signups and other sources
- Ability to partner & work closely with designated SMB Account Executives on territory penetration
- Contribute to achieving company revenue targets by conducting solution-oriented sales conversations with prospective customers
- Qualify Contacts’ interest based on qualification criteria with the goal of scheduling Appointments with Key Contacts and seek out new opportunities & pipeline
- Highly proficient in Mixpanel high-level messaging, including industry-specific focus
- Understand Customers’ needs & effectively communicate how Mixpanel will meet them
- Ability to position Mixpanel differentiation and our sales engagement model
- Document all activity including use cases, timeframes, next steps in CRM
- Use and maintain the Salesforce.com system according to Mixpanel standards and provide metrics on leads and subsequent opportunities
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com, LinkedIn and other prospecting tools a plus
- Documented success in a team environment turning unqualified leads into pipeline/revenue preferred.
- Excellent verbal, phone and written communication skills required
- One year software sales and/or customer service experience preferred
- Ability to work well in a fast paced & growing team environment
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage time and resources effectively
- Self-directed, a quick study and an enthusiastic team player
- Prior experience with CRM systems a plus
- Strong computer and application skills
- 4-year college degree required, graduate degree a plus
Why join Mixpanel?
- We were valued at $865mm by Andreessen-Horowitz in 2014, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. We're the clear market leader in the product analytics space, with 11x more market share than the next competitor, according to Datanyze.
- Our mission is to help the world learn from its data, and we are helping 20,000+ companies and counting, including Amazon, Salesforce, Microsoft, iRobot, The United Nations, and more!
- We enjoy working in a collaborative environment where we help each other grow and learn