About the Role
Reporting to the Vice President of People and Culture, and working closely with business leaders, the Human Resource Business Partner provides tactical and strategic HR consultation to optimize people, structure, process and culture, with the goal of achieving superior business results. This function is critical in executing Mixpanel’s people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement.
The ideal candidate is a strong, experienced consultant with broad understanding of all areas of HR with an emphasis on interacting with Sales and Marketing functions. This individual will have experience influencing sales and marketing leaders in a fast paced, high-tech environment, and the interpersonal savvy required to drive human resource strategies and programs in a complex global workforce.
The Mixpanel People and Culture team speaks directly to its name. The company’s cultivator of talent, champion of development, and safekeeper of culture, People and Culture defines Mixpanel as both as a brand an employer. Inspired to find and bring out the best, we’re responsible for our people processes: recruitment, hiring, onboarding, benefits, performance management and growth, and support during life-changing moments. Our team balances playfulness and collegiality with dogged ownership of our projects. So, what’s missing? YOU!
- Assess organization’s capability to achieve business goals and develop HR strategies to address gaps in business performance
- Evaluate and recommend best practices in the application of HR systems and policies
- Develop and deliver organization design and change management initiatives that promote a culture consistent with company mission and values
- Drive and manage workforce planning, performance management, talent management
- Drive and manage salary planning processes through annual salary planning and benchmarking
- Drive performance management and succession planning programs that continuously improves employee workforce productivity and leadership development.
- Maintain knowledge of local labor market trends and partner with recruiting team to implement competitive hiring strategies to attract and retain top talent
- Advise and coach business leaders on matters related to employee development
- Investigate and resolve employee relations matters in a way that balances company, internal and external stakeholder considerations
- Contribute to the development of HR programs and processes such as workforce and succession planning, learning and development, reward and recognition programs, etc.
- Co-facilitate learning and development programs
- Maintain an awareness of Human Resources principles, practices and the related regulatory environments
- BA or equivalent work experience with an average of 8+ years of HR experience with 5+ years in a HRBP role supporting a customer-facing organization.
- Demonstrated success consulting, negotiating, and coaching business leaders
- Deep functional experience in two or more areas preferred e.g. talent management/acquisition, compensation, employee relations, organizational development, training, etc.
- Previous experience managing complex and cross-functional initiatives, processes, or projects
- Demonstrated success in OD/OE concepts and practices.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with company culture as well as standards, practices, or government law.
- Superb judgment and integrity, including excellent decision making skills and a bias to action.
- Personal leadership: ability to lead and influence at all levels.
- Ability to handle ambiguity with ease.
- The ability to take sizeable problems and break them into manageable pieces
- Clearly demonstrated aptitude in leading in a global, hyper growth SaaS company.
Why join Mixpanel?
We were valued at $865mm by Andreessen-Horowitz in 2014, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. We're the clear market leader in the product analytics space, with 11x more market share than the next competitor, according to Datanyze.
Our mission is to help the world learn from its data, and we are helping 20,000+ companies and counting, including Amazon, Salesforce, Microsoft, iRobot, The United Nations, and more!
We enjoy working in a collaborative environment where we help each other grow and learn
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
FLSA Statues: exempt
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records