Mixpanel helps businesses build better products with the most advanced analytics software for mobile and web. With almost 20,000 customers worldwide and 14% of the Fortune 500, Mixpanel has earned a reputation for creating a delightful customer experience and an innovative approach to analytics. Mixpanel’s Product Engineering team builds the face of Mixpanel. Our platform enables our customers to gain insights from their data, enabling them to make changes that impact their users.
About the role:
Recent and upcoming projects include:
- Automated insights based on machine learning.
- Moving our app and infrastructure to Google Cloud Platform.
- A brand new query and graph interface to Mixpanel data.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has at least four years of experience building great products for the web.
- A deep understanding of web application architecture and principles.
- Mastery of at least one programming language.
The Tao of Mixpanel Engineering:
- Have empathy for each other. We’re all in this together, assume good intentions.
- Listen to people’s ideas. Seek the truth, don’t just fight for your idea.
- Demonstrate ownership and demand autonomy.
- Have a strong bias to action. Get something working first and then iterate. When you’re pressed for time, cut scope, not quality.
- Work smarter, not harder. Prioritize ruthlessly. Dive deep and understand the problem. Know what success looks like. Be #DataDriven.
- Care about your craft. Always be learning.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the analytics space, Mixpanel received funding by world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design,and customer service. Mixpanel has a rapidly growing team of 250+ in our offices in San Francisco, New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, and London.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.