Mixpanel is the most advanced analytics platform for mobile & web. We help our customers analyze and understand the actions that people take in their applications and our mission is to help the world learn from its data. Today, we currently analyze over 60 billion actions every single month from our customers.
About The Role
Mixpanel has centralized operations and analytics across marketing, sales, product, and customer groups, and we are looking for a driven, talented Business Operations Manager to drive operational strategy and business planning predominantly across sales, marketing and finance.
As an adaptive and scrappy problem solver with an analytical mind, you will help build and improve business processes, scorecard metrics, and workflow efficiencies. You enjoy managing large and complex data sets and extrapolating insights to improve our internal core business operations. You will report directly to the VP of Business Operations and Analytics.
- Responsible for the coordination, implementation, execution, and completion of specific initiatives, ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
- Work cross-functionally to develop, implement and maintain a complete set of business, marketing and financial key performance indicator dashboards.
- Partner with Sales Operations, Sales Leadership and Finance teams to create business scorecards reports to effectively manage the business and drive change on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Support annual business planning process.
- Manage critical initiatives with a drive to business predictability and transparency. Promote collaboration and knowledge sharing within and across company on business processes as well as operational best practices
- Engage with key internal stakeholders to get ongoing feedback on business processes and structure, and to drive improvements
- Manage team to support sales on pricing, deal structuring, product configuration, and business terms to drive agreement closure, including deal review process and ensuring compliance with published sales and finance approval policies.
- Optimize Sales Operations to help the sales organization run effectively, efficiently, and in support of business strategies and objectives
- Help define, track and manage company key performance indicators (KPIs) associated with the business
- Drive, build, and scale repeatable business processes to continuously improve operational efficiency, effectiveness, and cost.
- Build and manage a high performing team
- 5+ years business operations, planning and financial reporting experience
- 3+ years marketing and business communications experience.
- Strong analytical and data driven personality.
- Strength in building process and continuously driving KPI’s.
- Strong business acumen, strong reporting and analytics, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Able to speak in front of senior audiences as well as write clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and provide practical business insights from complex data sets.
- Energy and creativity are key characteristics that describe you and the projects you lead. You make it happen!
- Strong team player; demonstrated ability to partner with sales, marketing, finance, and other cross functional departments.
- A great communicator. Self-aware, transparent, collaborative, and open to feedback.
- Works effectively in an unstructured environment requiring new perspectives and creative approaches
- Adaptability - you understand that change is constant, and you embrace it. You’re agile and resilient. You move quickly and encourage continued improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Business, Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics)
- Master Degree in Business or analytical field highly recommended
Why join Mixpanel?
- We have millions in monthly revenue and over 4,000 paying clients; we are enabling these companies to make data-drive decisions
- Our product is used by companies like Amazon.com, Spotify, Healthcare.gov, Uber, Dropbox, Intuit, OpenTable, Salesforce, and more!
- We’ve raised millions from top-tier investors: Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia, and Y Combinator
- There are a lot of cool people here. You will like the people you work with, we promise :)
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
FLSA Status: exempt