The Infrastructure Engineering team is ten engineers who develop and run the platform distributed across hundreds of servers. Our key focus areas are high scalability, low latency and low cost. We care about quality. We do very thorough code reviews, and try our best to build code that is simple, clear and reliable. Our engineering team moves quickly; if it's better than live, we ship it and measure the results. We value learning, from each other and by building prototypes and collecting data to challenge our assumptions. We’re ambitious. We don’t reinvent the wheel, but we’re not afraid to push the boundaries and attempt to invent new technologies if needed. In doing so, sometimes we try things that fail, and that’s okay. We collaborate. We try to have at least two people work together on every project. It’s more fun and yields better results.
- Develop and manage technology solutions to meet the growing needs of Mixpanel's customers/clients.
- Lead software development projects from inception through launch and successful delivery, and partner with cross-functional teams in aligning organizational capabilities to deliver on product roadmaps.
- Responsible for full software lifecycle system design and development of distributed stream processing systems and work on scaling and parallelizing NLP, machine learning and graph algorithms.
- Design, code and debug the Mixpanel system infrastructure engaging in software analysis, requirements analysis, and system architecture planning.
- Utilize object-oriented design and analysis (OOA and OOD) skills in the advanced programming languages such as Scala, Java, and C++.
- Take on the important role of concurrency control implementation within the system and supporting modules as well as participate in system scaling activities and localization support as the company expands to new markets.
- Contribute to the implementation and modeling of recommendation, search, and advertising algorithms. Evaluate and identify new technologies and techniques for implementation and participate in their integration.
- Engage in the automation of software testing and simulations and contribute to performance tuning, improvement, and load balancing.
- Actively participate in product design, feature evaluation, as well as project planning and management.
- Master’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Information Networking, Computer Information Systems, or Computer Engineering or a related discipline
- Two (2) years of experience in job offered.
- Professional experience must include two (2) years of experience in the following skills: distributed computing; parallel programming; concurrency control; transaction processing; database; modern information retrieval techniques; and strong algorithms and mathematical fundamentals skills.
- Opportunity to help build a company with the founding team
- Great new office space in SF
- competitive salary + full benefits
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.