About The Role
It takes the special opportunity to excite a rising operations star. You’ve sharpened your skills at the best, and now you want to prove you can build the engine yourself. You might be looking for a unicorn that has Tier 1 VC funding, great product-market fit, a brand with real momentum, and an amazing growth velocity.
Mixpanel could be that perfect foil. Everything to win here is in our power. We’re backed by one of the top VC firms (Andreesen Horowitz); we’re the market leader in user analytics (Gartner released that we have majority market share); Mixpanel is one of the top name-brands in Silicon Valley; and we’re up and to the right.
But we’re missing a key piece: An operations pro that can build the infrastructure behind a world-class sales engine. We need a superstar that brings operational rigor and Olympics-style execution.
Mixpanel is looking for a highly experienced Director of Sales Operations to lead our Sales Operations team. This person will report directly to the VP of Business Operations and Analytics and be responsible for the support functions essential to a productive sales force.
- Work with sales leadership teams as well as cross functional leaders (HR, Finance, Marketing, etc.) to drive territory planning, quota setting, sales reporting and sales compensation plan management.
- Collaborate with requisite business partners to develop and execute Sales management disciplines and processes including, but not limited to: field territory and named account assignments, weekly/quarterly forecast, QBRs, territory reviews and account planning, quota/budget allocation, etc. Drive many of these processes from start to finish.
- Support annual business planning process, including development of go-to-market business plan, territory and quota planning, and operational plan for Sales teams
- Help develop and manage variable compensation plan, including understanding sales behaviors and gathering field input. Contribute to managing bonus structures and spiffs.
- Manage critical sales initiatives with a drive to business predictability and transparency. Promote collaboration, knowledge sharing within and across company on sales processes as well as operational best practices
- Engage with sales reps, account managers, and sales leadership to get ongoing feedback on the sales process and structure, and to drive improvements
- Manage team to support sales on pricing, deal structuring, product configuration, and business terms to drive agreement closure, including deal review process and ensuring compliance with published sales and finance approval policies.
- Optimize Sales Operations to help the sales organization run effectively, efficiently, and in support of business strategies and objectives
- Help define, track and manage company key performance indicators (KPIs) associated with the business
- Drive, build, and scale repeatable business processes to continuously improve operational efficiency, effectiveness, and cost.
- Build and manage a high performing team
- 8+ years of experience in a sales operations role
- 3+ years building & leading a sales ops teams preferably with a fast-growing enterprise SaaS company.
- Strong Sales Operations leadership experience & proven success in role.
- Strong analytical and data driven personality.
- Strength in building process, coaching & developing talent, and continuously driving KPI’s.
- Deep understanding of sales compensation, and territory and quota assignments.
- Experience with a nationwide sales force
- Experience leading high performance teams to consistently deliver
- Possesses business acumen, strong analytics, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Able to speak in front of senior audiences as well as write clearly and concisely
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and provide practical business insights from complex data sets
- Energy and creativity are key characteristics that describe you and the projects you lead. You make it happen!
- Strong team player; demonstrated ability to partner with sales, marketing, finance, and other cross functional departments.
- A great communicator. Self-aware, transparent, collaborative, and open to feedback.
- Works effectively in an unstructured environment requiring new perspectives and creative approaches
- Adaptability - you understand that change is constant, and you embrace it. You’re agile and resilient. You move quickly and encourage continued improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Business, Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics)