Mixpanel helps businesses build better products with the most advanced user behavioral analytics software for mobile and web. We help product, design, data and marketing teams understand how people use their products so they can make them better. With almost 20,000 customers worldwide and 30% of the Fortune 100, Mixpanel has earned a reputation for crafting a delightful customer experience and an innovative approach to analytics.
Our process always begins with product vision and is a highly collaborative between the product and design teams. We focus on innovation with purpose to solve the problem at hand, and we care deeply about simplicity and usability.
About the role:
We’re looking for a leader who will grow and scale our design team while building a culture that’s empowering, collaborative, and pushes the boundaries of great design for our customers. You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, and our customer facing teams to improve the way users engage with our product. You’ll provide the thought leadership to inspire and develop the right product strategy. You’ll ensure teams are leading with a centered approach, remembering the holistic strategy, and ensuring quality in their delivery. You will inspire, empower, and motivate your team to pursue their best work possible. Sometimes that's due to themselves but most often with others through a collaborative effort that includes people outside of the design team.
What we value:
- Intentionality – You understand the goals of your work and can explain the rationale behind your design decisions.
- User empathy – You understand that everyone experiences the world differently, and you are driven to understand the needs of your users. Assumptions are fine, as long as they’re acknowledged as assumptions.
- Aware of, but not beholden to, new and current design patterns – You have a desire to push design forward and you pay attention to how other products handle problems.
- Ability to balance different use-cases and prioritize accordingly – Your work successfully simplifies a complex interaction so that simple things are easy and complex things are possible.
- Visuals that are clear, creative, and inspiring – your style is well executed, has a clear hierarchy, and express the brand cohesively and consistently.
- Ability to be self-directed & OK with ambiguity – you enjoy being in a situation where you don’t know the answer, and are driven to try and figure it out, even if it means failing. This includes being willing to ask when you need more direction.
- Learning from each other – you have some skills to share and enjoy helping others learn what you know, even if it’d be quicker to do it yourself.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has been an excellent product designer and has deep knowledge of the design process.
- Cross functional experience working with product, design, and engineering.
- Experience recruiting and managing an outstanding team.
- Has 3 or more years of experience managing design teams
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose.
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success.
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business.
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives.
- One Team: We can’t win without each other.
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the analytics space, Mixpanel received funding by world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then.Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service. Mixpanel has a rapidly growing team of 250+ in our offices in San Francisco, New York, Seattle, Salt Lake City, and London.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.