Design is a major competitive advantage and strength of Mixpanels. It ranges from our brand to product design to the internal schwag our employees wear. We’re looking for a leader who wants to grow our 8 person design team and scale it while building a culture that’s empowering, collaborative, and pushes the boundaries of great design for our customers -- particularly in an industry that historically has shown apathy.
Mixpanel does product analytics -- we help thousands of companies understand their users using data and analytics. We help them understand how people use their products so they can make them better. If you've wondered how a design impacts products directly, we can prove that.
Our mission is to help the world learn from its data.
- You have a strong and opinionated visual design style.
- You’ll partner closely with engineering, product, and our customer facing teams to improve the way users engage with our product. You’ll provide the thought leadership to inspire and develop the right product strategy.
- You’ll ensure teams are leading with a user-centred approach, remembering the holistic strategy, and ensuring quality in their delivery.
- You’ll build bridges. You’ll communicate what your organization is capable of and actively make connections throughout the company to inspire others teams to better leverage data/insight to further the user experience.
- You will think about the long-term and think about our design strategy holistically - not just project by project.
- You will inspire, empower, and motivate your team to pursue their best work possible. Sometimes that's due to themselves but most often with others through a collaborative effort that includes people outside of the design team.
- You will partner with the CEO to uphold a high standard for design across our company ranging from brand, products, schwag, marketing pages, etc.
- You have been an excellent designer in the past doing product design/brand for more than 5 years.
- You have managed a team of more than 15 designers for more than 3 years and have developed excellent management skills.
- You’ve worked in a software company that has a strength in product, design, and engineering for over 5 years. You already know how to work with these teams cross-functionally.
- You have experienced leadership opportunities such that you’ve honed your public speaking skills for our internal employees, you’ve partnered with other executives before, and you know how to problem solve things across an organization self-sufficiently.
- You have worked with upper management before and understand the importance of how meeting your commitments, communicating, and running a tight organized team are to allowing our company to move quickly and smoothly.
We were valued at $865mm by Andreessen-Horowitz in 2014, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. We're the clear market leader in the product analytics space, with 11x more market share than the next competitor, according to Datanyze.
Our mission is to help the world learn from its data, and we are helping 20,000+ companies and counting, including Amazon, Salesforce, Microsoft, iRobot, The United Nations, and more!
We enjoy working in a collaborative environment where we help each other grow and learn
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records