Mixpanel is the most advanced analytics platform for mobile & web. We help our customers analyze and understand the actions that people take in their applications and our mission is to help the world learn from its data. Today, we currently analyze over 60 billion actions every single month from our customers.
The goal of a Mixpanel Inbound Business Development Representative (IBDR) is to assist in achieving corporate revenue objectives by providing world class customer service and sales support. As an IBDR you will be part of a dynamic team that will be performing a dual sales support role.
- Act as a key player in processing and responding to all inbound leads and conduct information gathering to pre-qualify results through phone, email & social media efforts.
- Identify, clean, qualify & route Leads to the corresponding Sales team member
- Follow-up on the substantial volume of leads generated from web visits, signups and other sources
- Ability to partner & work closely with designated SMB Account Executives on territory penetration
- Contribute to achieving company revenue targets by conducting solution-oriented sales conversations with prospective customers
- Qualify Contacts’ interest based on qualification criteria with the goal of scheduling Appointments with Key Contacts and seek out new opportunities & pipeline
- Highly proficient in Mixpanel high-level messaging, including industry-specific focus
- Understand Customers’ needs & effectively communicate how Mixpanel will meet them
- Ability to position Mixpanel differentiation and our sales engagement model
- Document all activity including use cases, timeframes, next steps in CRM
- Use and maintain the Salesforce.com system according to Mixpanel standards and provide metrics on leads and subsequent opportunities
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com, LinkedIn and other prospecting tools a plus
- Documented success in a team environment turning unqualified leads into pipeline/revenue preferred.
- Excellent verbal, phone and written communication skills required
- One year software sales and/or customer service experience preferred
- Ability to work well in a fast paced & growing team environment
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage time and resources effectively
- Self-directed, a quick study and an enthusiastic team player
- Prior experience with CRM systems a plus
- Strong computer and application skills
- 4-year college degree required, graduate degree a plus
Why join Mixpanel?
- We have millions in monthly revenue and over 4,000 paying clients
- We've raised $77M from Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, Max Levchin, Michael/Xochi Birch, Keith Rabois, Y Combinator, Marc Benioff, and David Sacks
- Our product is used by companies like amazon.com, Dropbox, Intuit, OpenTable, and Salesforce
- Competitive salary, full benefits, free daily lunch and dinner, fully stocked kitchen, new office space, company-wide holiday shutdown, Wine Wednesdays, Beer Fridays, Tahoe trips, hundreds of hours of online course through Udemy, monthly Office Hour events, company offsites, happy hours & the list goes on!
- We hire smart, funny, ambitious, humble people. You will love your coworkers.
Throughout the interview process, a common question we get is: "So, what's Mixpanel's culture like?"
- Data driven - we're an analytics company and so we live and breathe by what the numbers tell us. We try to measure everything - it's who we are!
- Transparency - we strive to be really open and upfront with how we build our company. For example, the whole company knows how much revenue we make at any time.
- Speed is really important at Mixpanel. Being fast is an essential part of every experience at Mixpanel: from building products to finding solutions to customer problems to responding to potential new hires.
- Customer experience - our hope is to have the best customer support experience in the world. We'll do anything for our customers.
- Geeky - we're geeky people so don't be surprised when you come in.
- Education - we believe a big reason people quit their jobs is because they've stopped learning. Our goal is to provide resources for people in our company to keep challenging themselves and to be able to learn new things every day.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
FLSA Status: non-exempt
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records