Senior Manager, Business Operations
Mixpanel is the most advanced analytics platform for mobile & web. We help our customers analyze and understand the actions that people take in their applications and our mission is to help the world learn from its data. Today, we currently analyze over 60 billion actions every single month from our customers.
We are looking for an analytically minded, ambitious professional to join our Sales Operations team. As a member of the Business Operations team, you will have the unique opportunity to guide and implement sales strategy at a high growth, analytically-driven start-up.
What you will do
- Responsible for yearly sales planning, design and develop sales model to meet company’s growth target
- Design and develop dashboards and metrics on key drivers of the sales engine to track the performance, identify areas for change/adjustment
- Working closely with finance on sales target setting, worldwide sales organization budget, develop metrics/report to manage sales P&L
- Working with Marketing to ensure alignments on top of funnel investments with Sales coverage and go to market strategy
- In charge of business analytics for global sale organization, provide analysis and insights for executive staff meetings; quarterly business reviews; board of directors’ meetings; all hands meetings etc.
- Develop key metrics to be communicated across the sales organization and to leadership that provide insights into sales performance, operational efficiency and compliance
- 4+ years of work experience in sales operations/sales finance, strategy/management consulting and/or operations roles
- Experience with sales planning, budget, sales analytics, sales compensation
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Quick learner with the ability to solve problems independently
- Willing to work in a highly demanding and result-oriented team environment
- Motivation, drive and a self-starting attitude
- Outstanding time management with strong organizational skills
- Executive presence – needs to engage at a peer level with Geo and Regional sales executives
- Experience in SMB and Enterprise territory planning strongly preferred
- Comfort / familiarity with running and writing APEX and SOQL
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Start-up and rapidly expanding sales organization experience strongly preferred
- Proficient with databases, analytical tools and Excel functionality
We were valued at $865mm by Andreessen-Horowitz in 2014, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. We're the clear market leader in the product analytics space, with 11x more market share than the next competitor, according to Datanyze.
Our mission is to help the world learn from its data, and we are helping 20,000+ companies and counting, including Amazon, Salesforce, Microsoft, iRobot, The United Nations, and more!
We enjoy working in a collaborative environment where we help each other grow and learn
Throughout the interview process, a common question we get is: "So, what's Mixpanel's culture like?"
- Data driven - we're an analytics company and so we live and breathe by what the numbers tell us. We try to measure everything - it's who we are!
- Transparency - we strive to be really open and upfront with how we build our company. For example, the whole company knows how much revenue we make at any time.
- Speed is really important at Mixpanel. Being fast is an essential part of every experience at Mixpanel: from building products to finding solutions to customer problems to responding to potential new hires.
- Customer experience - our hope is to have the best customer support experience in the world. We'll do anything for our customers.
- Geeky - we're geeky people so don't be surprised when you come in.
- Education - we believe a big reason people quit their jobs is because they've stopped learning. Our goal is to provide resources for people in our company to keep challenging themselves and to be able to learn new things every day.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
FLSA Status: exempt