Mixpanel is the most advanced analytics platform ever for mobile and web. We help companies build better products.
Mixpanel is hiring for a Tech Lead Manager to lead a new team within Product Engineering focused on Machine Learning Applications. You’ll partner with our world-class ML team to deliver high impact analytics insights to our thousands of customers. You’ll build a team composed of full-stack web engineers who will own new user experiences on mixpanel.com and new infrastructure that will be part of our ML services ecosystem. The role will consist of about 50% technical leadership / hands-on contribution and 50% team management, with the team management responsibilities expanding as the team grows.
Recent and upcoming projects include:
- Signal - find user behaviors that correlate to higher engagement and retention
- Smart mobile alerts - data anomaly detection pushed directly to your phone
- Automatic data analysis on different segments of every event sent to Mixpanel
What we're looking for in this role:
- Experience building a web application that had real users
- At least four years of hands-on experience writing software
- A capable leader, mentor, and manager of engineers. There is no requirement for years of experience as a people manager. However, we’d like to see at least 2 years of experience in some kind of leadership role. (For example: as a tech lead, senior/staff engineer, etc)
- Deep understanding of web application architecture and principles
- Cares about building great products and takes ownership to ensure quality
- Good product sense -- can comfortably lead a product in the absence of a product manager
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree. Advanced degree preferred.
You will be working with:
- World-class engineers that come from companies like Facebook, Twitter, Google, LinkedIn and Dropbox and universities like MIT, Stanford and CMU
- Ego-free, friendly and helpful people
The Tao of Mixpanel Engineering:
- Have empathy for each other. We’re all in this together, assume good intentions.
- Listen to people’s ideas. Seek the truth, don’t just fight for your idea.
- Demonstrate ownership and demand autonomy.
- Have a strong bias to action. Get something working first and then iterate. When you’re pressed for time, cut scope, not quality.
- Work smarter, not harder. Prioritize ruthlessly. Dive deep and understand the problem. Know what success looks like. Be #DataDriven.
- Care about your craft. Always be learning.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records