Mixpanel is the most advanced analytics platform ever for mobile and web. We help companies build better products.
Mixpanel is hiring for a Tech Lead Manager for our Core Product Engineering team. This team is composed of full-stack engineers who are responsible for all customer-facing parts of Mixpanel: APIs, reporting interfaces, data visualization, and client libraries. Our engineers build and maintain infrastructure responsible for hundreds of thousands of requests per second, distributed across hundreds of servers, and adding tens of billions of data points each month. The role will consist of about 50% team management and 50% technical leadership and hands-on contribution.
Recent and upcoming projects include:
- Retroactive, codeless event tracking.
- Smart mobile alerts based on data from our machine-learning team.
- A brand new query and graph interface to Mixpanel data.
What we're looking for in this role:
- Experience building a web application that had real users
- At least four years of hands-on experience writing software
- A capable leader, mentor, and manager of engineers. There is no requirement for years of experience as a people manager. However, we’d like to see at least 2 years of experience in some kind of leadership role. (For example: as a tech lead, senior/staff engineer, etc)
- Deep understanding of web application architecture and principles
- Cares about building great products and takes ownership to ensure quality
- Good product sense -- can comfortably lead a product in the absence of a product manager
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree. Advanced degree preferred.
You will be working with:
- World-class engineers that come from companies like Facebook, Twitter, Google, LinkedIn and Dropbox and universities like MIT, Stanford and CMU
- Ego-free, friendly and helpful people
The Tao of Mixpanel Engineering:
- Have empathy for each other. We’re all in this together, assume good intentions.
- Listen to people’s ideas. Seek the truth, don’t just fight for your idea.
- Demonstrate ownership and demand autonomy.
- Have a strong bias to action. Get something working first and then iterate. When you’re pressed for time, cut scope, not quality.
- Work smarter, not harder. Prioritize ruthlessly. Dive deep and understand the problem. Know what success looks like. Be #DataDriven.
- Care about your craft. Always be learning.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records