Mixpanel is hiring for a Tech Lead Manager to lead a new team within Product Engineering focused on Machine Learning (ML) applications. You’ll partner with our ML backend team to deliver high impact analytics insights to our thousands of customers. You’ll grow a team composed of full-stack web engineers who will own new user experiences on mixpanel.com and new infrastructure that will be part of our ML services ecosystem. The role will consist of about 50% technical leadership / hands-on contribution and 50% team management, with the team management responsibilities expanding as the team grows.
- We collaborate. We try to have at least two people work together on every project. It’s more fun and yields better results.
- We value learning, from each other and by building prototypes and collecting data to challenge our assumptions. Sometimes we try things that fail, and that’s okay. We expect to learn something new every day.
- There is no job too big or too small for anyone, and we’re always happy to lend a hand to one another.
- We care about quality. We do very thorough code reviews, and try our best to build code that is simple, clear and reliable.
- We troubleshoot our systems and strive to make them better. When something does go wrong, we focus on the root cause and future prevention, not assigning blame.
Current and Recent Projects
- Signal - a tool to find user behaviors that correlate with higher engagement and retention.
- Smart mobile alerts - data anomaly detection pushed directly to your phone.
- Our long term goal is to re-imagine how our customers analyze their vast amounts of data. We believe ML can transform this from a tedious, manual process to one that relies on the power of software to serve up insights that are relevant and timely.
What we're looking for
- Experience building a web application with thousands of users.
- Capable leader, mentor, and manager of engineers. There is no requirement for years of experience as a people manager. However, we’d like to see at least some experience in a technical leadership role. (For example: as a tech lead, senior/staff engineer, etc)
- Care for the details that go into building products that customers love.
- No ML experience is required.
Mixpanel is the most advanced product analytics platform for mobile & web. We enable companies to build better products by diving deep into data, uncovering meaningful insights into product usage, conversion rates, and user retention. Today, we analyze over 30 Trillion actions every single day.
Why join Mixpanel?
- We were valued at $865mm by Andreessen-Horowitz in 2014 and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Unlike most startups, we became profitable over four years ago and have plenty of cash in the bank.
- Our mission is to help the world learn from its data. We help over 20,000 companies, including ESPN, Dropbox, Intuit, Fitbit, OpenTable, Salesforce, and more!
- We enjoy what we do and have fun working together.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records