Mixpanel is the most advanced analytics platform for mobile & web. We help our customers analyze and understand the actions that people take in their applications and our mission is to help the world learn from its data.
We enable companies to build better products by diving deep into data, uncovering meaningful insights into product usage, conversion rates, and user retention. Today, we currently analyze over 80 billion actions every single month from our customers.
About the Role
As one of Mixpanel's first Product Marketing Managers, you’ll have the opportunity to build out product marketing programs from scratch that have a direct and measurable impact on the sales conversion funnel. From crafting stories with customers like Spotify, Intuit, and Healthcare.gov to lasering in on what makes Mixpanel superior to our competitors or planning a major product launch, you will live for seeing your hard work out in the wild, making a difference for the company.
Still, you know that it’s not enough to create marketing stuff for marketing stuff’s sake -- you believe in pairing the right strategy with the right content and measuring the results all the way down to revenue. If your current sales team is addicted to your messaging and customer collateral, we want to meet you.
- Arm Sales with the knowledge to turn leads into customers through materials that include one-pagers, white papers, competitive talking points, product positioning, and sales enablement
- Partner with Sales, Product, Engineering and Marketing to determine the key benefits and differentiators of Mixpanel
- Analyze conversion through the Sales funnel and figure out where you can have the highest impact on improving conversion
- Develop messaging platforms by segment and industry that can be used across all customer-facing collateral, campaigns, and sales training
- Create and execute on the go-to-market plan for product launches
- Understand customer needs and refine messaging & pricing through surveys, interviews, product usage and competitive analysis
- Collaborate with the content marketing team to find customer and influencer stories that will resonate with leads and customers
- Inform our product priorities through a deep understanding of the market, our competitive space, and customer feedback
- Be a conduit for the voice of the customer to the company
- Drive post-launch marketing programs for sustained growth
What We Are Looking For
- 3-5 years of product marketing experience, especially in B2B, analytics software or SaaS
- Strong quantitative chops and excellent written and oral communication
- Relishes the challenge of translating highly technical product offerings and concepts for a wide variety of audiences, elucidating the “why”, not just the “what”
- Strong storytelling skills (with a strong allergy to jargon)
- Creative problem-solver who digs into root causes analytically, instead of relying on intuition
- Quick learner, organized, and self-motivated with ability to define goals and prioritize work based on what’s most impactful to the business
- We are all down for the cause (DFTC), and we are all here to make Mixpanel a success. There is no job too big or too small for anyone, and we’re always happy to lend a hand to one another
- We practice rapid iteration. From our code to our kitchen we make constant incremental changes – every day presents a new challenge, and we’re always ready to find a new solution
- We are problem-solvers and we embrace constant change; we are fiercely proud of this
- We are lifelong learners. We come to work and expect to learn something new every day
Why join Mixpanel?
- We have millions in monthly revenue and over 3,500 paying clients; we are enabling these companies to make data-driven decisions
- Our product is used by companies like Amazon.com, Spotify, Healthcare.gov, Uber, Dropbox, Intuit, OpenTable, Salesforce, and more!
- We’ve raised millions from top-tier investors: Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia, and Y Combinator
- There are a lot of cool people here. You will like the people you work with, we promise :)
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
FLSA Status: exempt