Mixpanel helps companies measure what matters, make decisions fast, and build better products through data. With our powerful, self-serve product analytics solution, teams can easily analyze how and why people engage, convert, and retain—in real-time, across devices—to improve their user experience.
Mixpanel serves over 30,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Expedia, Uber, Ancestry, DocuSign, and Lemonade. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the Commercial Sales Team
Our Sales team manages the full sales cycle, helping prospects and existing customers leverage Mixpanel to analyze, measure, and improve their customer experience. The team consists of two roles - Account Executives who bring in new business, and Relationship Managers responsible for nurturing and expanding revenue with existing customers. The Commercial team is split by two segments, covering companies with employee sizes from 1-200 (SMB) and 201-1000 (Mid-Market), emphasizing high-growth tech companies who are changing the world around us.
About the Role
As a Commercial Relationship Manager, you will partner closely with Mixpanel's customers, ultimately driving long-term customer value and increased revenue under your management. Mixpanel Relationship Managers have a strong understanding of our product's capabilities and can continuously discover new areas of value for our customers.
- Owns and maintains the relationship with the director and executive-level economic buyers at their accounts by connecting their objectives with the value that Mixpanel provides to their teams.
- Builds and supports a long-term account plan and strategy focused on product adoption, driving business value, and discovering growth opportunities across a book of 50-70 accounts.
- Acts as a data and analytics thought leader and partner to their accounts through Quarterly Business Reviews focused on use cases and business impact, and the coordination and delivery of product demos and training.
- Takes ownership of a customer's account health and pulls all levers to increase health - partnering with our success organization to help coach a customer through implementation to addressing adoption challenges through training to supporting their analytics strategy.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with key partners such as Sales Engineering, Professional Services, Product, Marketing, and Legal, as well as external solution and technology partners.
- Intimately understands Mixpanel's competitors and technology partners to consult customers on our place in the broader analytics market.
We're Looking For Someone Who Has
- Full cycle SaaS quota carrying role as a Relationship / Account Manager or Growth Account Executive, with demonstrated ability to manage, retain, and grow a book of business
- The ability to build and maintain credibility with a technical end-user in Engineering, Product, and Design functions by showcasing product and industry expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain a structured Territory and Account plan
- Effective communicator and collaborator — you have strong interpersonal skills and are an excellent team player.
- Adaptability — you understand that change is constant and embrace it.
- Agility and resilience — you move quickly and encourage continued improvement.
- Strong work ethic, a growth mindset, and a drive to excel.
- Curiosity for the product analytics space.
Nice to Haves
- Experience managing relationships with high-growth tech companies.
- Experience with Mixpanel or other analytics tools.
- Experience in a technical customer-facing role (Support Engineer / Customer Success Manager / Sales Engineer / Solutions Architect).
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental Care
- Mental Wellness Benefit
- Generous Vacation Policy & Additional Company Holidays
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Volunteer Time Off
- Additional US Benefits: Pre-Tax Benefits including 401(K), Wellness Benefit, Holiday Break
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
- One Team: We can’t win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or other similar laws that may be applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.