Mixpanel helps companies measure what matters, make decisions fast, and build better products through data. With our powerful, self-serve product analytics solution, teams can easily analyze how and why people engage, convert, and retain—in real-time, across devices—to improve their user experience.
Mixpanel serves over 30,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Expedia, Uber, Ancestry, DocuSign, and Lemonade. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the People and Culture Team
The Mixpanel People and Culture team is the heart and soul of Mixpanel. We lead with care and empathy and deliver a high-touch employee experience to make Mixpanel a best-in-class, inclusive and supportive place to work and an equitable environment for all employees to grow and advance.
About the Role
Reporting to the Manager, People & Culture, and working closely with business leaders, the Human Resources Business Partner(HRBP) provides strategic and tactical HR consultation to optimize people, structure, process, and culture to achieve superior business results. One of the critical drivers to Mixpanel's success is emphasizing our people and enabling individuals and teams of all backgrounds to reach their full potential. The People function is essential to driving that effort through executing Mixpanel's people initiatives, providing superior internal customer support, and driving HR operational excellence.
The ideal candidate is an experienced consultant with a broad understanding of all areas of HR. You will have experience influencing leaders in a fast-paced environment and the interpersonal savvy required to drive human resource strategies and programs in a global workforce.
- Proactively coach and partner with leaders to build, lead and grow high-performing teams.
- Effectively collaborate with other members of the People Team to contribute to the design and delivery of innovative people programs that continually elevate Mixpanel employees' caliber.
- Work on all aspects of change management, from strategy and design through to implementation and communications.
- Monitor and evaluate our feedback channels and contribute to the design, development, and execution of initiatives to optimize the employee experience.
- Investigate and resolve employee relations matters in a way that balances company, internal, and external stakeholder considerations.
- Maintain an awareness of Human Resources principles, practices, and the related regulatory environments to effectively evaluate and recommend best practices in the application of HR systems and policies.
We're Looking For Someone Who Has
- BA or equivalent work experience with an average of 4+ years in an HRBP role.
- Deep functional experience in two or more areas preferred, e.g., talent management/acquisition, compensation, employee relations, employee experience, organizational development, training, etc.
- Strong analytical and project management skills, proven ability to design transparent processes, and a detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem-solving.
- Strong commercial acumen and deep empathy for individuals, allowing you to resolve tricky people situations in a balanced and thoughtful way.
- Demonstrated success in consulting, negotiating, and coaching leaders.
- You are an effective communicator and collaborator with strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- You are adaptable, agile, and resilient, and you embrace change, move quickly, and are highly resilient when things are ambiguous.
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental Care
- Mental Wellness Benefit
- Generous Vacation Policy & Additional Company Holidays
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Volunteer Time Off
- Additional US Benefits: Pre-Tax Benefits including 401(K), Wellness Benefit, Holiday Break
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
- One Team: We can’t win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or other similar laws that may be applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.