Mixpanel helps companies measure what matters, make decisions fast, and build better products through data. With our powerful, self-serve product analytics solution, teams can easily analyze how and why people engage, convert, and retain—in real-time, across devices—to improve their user experience.
Mixpanel serves over 30,000 companies from different industries around the world, including Expedia, Uber, Ancestry, DocuSign, and Lemonade. Headquartered in San Francisco, Mixpanel has offices in New York, Seattle, Austin, London, Barcelona, and Singapore.
About the role:
We’re looking for a Growth Marketing Manager, SEO to join our team and help us amplify Mixpanel’s brand, drive growth, and scale our SEO program to ultimately unlock incremental revenue from our organic channels.
As an SEO Manager with a content specialization, you will be a vital part of our marketing team, owning our SEO content strategy and managing supporting agencies to drive technical optimizations. Working alongside teams including Content Marketing, Partner Marketing, and our Regional Marketing teams, you will be expected to execute and drive forward strategies for global impact on our ambitious growth plans.
We move quickly as a team, and we operate with a strong test and learn mentality. If you’re looking for an opportunity to push the boundaries of your current skillset and make a huge impact, this is the perfect role for you.
We’re looking for someone to:
- Develop, execute, and own Mixpanel’s global SEO strategy with an eye on growing our reach and increasing new user acquisition. Effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams (Marketing, Product, Business Operations, etc.) to ensure a future-proof strategy and strong implementation of it.
- Develop an SEO content strategy and build a content production engine: write content briefs, work with copywriters and the other marketing functions, and perform on-page optimizations.
- Conduct ongoing keyword research to identify new content opportunities and collaborate with the Content Marketing team to address them with a content roadmap that considers all key content types (written, video, and more). See our blog for examples of the content we’ve been producing
- Lead technical SEO projects: partner with and project manage across our development team, SEO agencies and internal marketing team.
- Partner with Regional Marketing Teams to ensure international website SEO content strategies are globally aligned when locally executed, and all technical projects are deployed across sites.
- Maintain a strong view on performance and drive ongoing optimizations. Conduct SEO experiments using rigorous approaches and measurement methods (A/B tests, statistical methods) to evaluate their effectiveness.
- Conduct robust audits (content and technical) of all sections of our marketing website, partner within the organization to implement optimizations on these pages to grow SEO traffic.
- Monitor and report on performance in line with business KPIs. Translate data into clear insights for a varied audience: within marketing and across departments, and up & down the ladder.
- 4+ years of SEO experience and a track record of success in driving business results (lead generation, revenue) from programs you’ve owned
- Experience owning and executing a content marketing strategy oriented to driving SEO growth
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Track record of delivering high quality results with speed.
- You operate with a sense of urgency and hustle.
- Familiar with SEO tools such as SEMrush, AHrefs, Moz, etc.
Bonus skills & attributes:
- B2B SaaS experience
- Experience with SQL/Bigquery
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental Care
- Mental Wellness Benefit
- Generous Vacation Policy & Additional Company Holidays
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Volunteer Time Off
- Additional US Benefits: Pre-Tax Benefits including 401(K), Wellness Benefit, Holiday Break
- Be Open: When knowledge becomes open, we can come together as a team to collaborate around a shared purpose
- Customer Focus: Our customers’ success is our success
- Lead Change: Everyone at Mixpanel has the capacity to make an impact on the business
- Results Oriented: Driving results in a measurable way ensures we stay focused on the highest impact initiatives
- One Team: We can’t win without each other
Why choose Mixpanel?
A clear market leader in the product analytics space, Mixpanel has raised $77M from world-renowned VC firms like Andreessen-Horowitz, Sequoia, and YC, and our revenue has grown significantly since then. Our ambitious, collaborative team makes it possible by finding creative solutions to new challenges with scaling, reliability, design, and customer service.
Mixpanel is an equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity. We actively encourage women, people with disabilities, veterans, underrepresented minorities, and LGBTQ+ people to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or other similar laws that may be applicable, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.